Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplicity No Allowance/Phone upgrade help

Dunc2k17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 530 phone and I am on the Simplicity No Allowance plan. I am thinking about upgrading my phone to the Nokia 6 that has recently came out (£180 + £10 Topup at Carphone Warehouse) I was hoping that the Topup was just a Simplicity No Allowance Topup but having e-mailed Carphone Warehouse it is setup to take £10 off monthly. I don't want too have a monthly charge, I just want too topup whenever I run out. Does anyone know if I can buy the Nokia 6 and stay on the Simplicity No Allowance plan. Thanks in advance too any help.

Dunc2k17

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Some confusion here.
When you buy a PAYG phone from CPW you have to buy a top up, but there is no requirement for it to be recurring. It will however mean that you get a new sim and a new number which you don't need.
You can just put your current sim in the phone and carry on using it as normal.
The only way to avoid the new sim and top up is to upgrade your PAYG phone but usually it is more expensive to upgrade than to start a new one due to the commission that CPW get for selling new connections.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2