Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM pack sizes.

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called into my local O2 store yesterday to pick up a Micro SIM pack as I'm changing phones (SIM only monthly) Currently using a Nano SIM.

Assistant told me that there aren't any stand alone Micro packs any more, only a standard pack that does standard/micro/nano depending on which parts used. I once inserted a Micro + full size adapter into a Nokia C3-01 and when I went to remove it they seperated and trashed the connection pins, the phone was kaput afterwards.

Given what happened me before and that Nano SIMs aren't as thick as Micro I'm not keen on this solution. Is the assistant correct about Micro size not being avail (Without adapter)? Anyone done ths with/without issues?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I had a new sim when I changed to my Note 3. It was done at the shop. A micro 4G sim. No adaptors or anything else needed. Just a straightforward sim

I think the advisor is mixing things up a little. The only sims O2 send OUT in the post now are nano sims. if you go instore you can get the correct size. (so my local O2 shop told me 2 months ago)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most sim cards now come as a standard sim with a pop out micro sim inside it or as a triple pack like you have had described.

Have you tried ordering one via CS?
Message 3 of 9

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Most sim cards now come as a standard sim with a pop out micro sim inside it or as a triple pack like you have had described.

Have you tried ordering one via CS?

No, thought it would be easier and cheaper for everyone just popping into the store.

The assistant was rushed off his feet, only two of them on in a busy shopping centre at 5.30pm on a Sat. I just asked him for the pack as I'm not changing until later this week and not to activate it, but he was on auto pilot and activated it there and then (Rendering my own SIM dead) This meant I had to knock out the Nano and use it in my current phone! Great.

I have all the bits but I'm not happy because as I said I've already scrapped a phone using a size up adapter. Wouldn't care it the SIM holder was the folding metal clip type, but it's the inserting into a slot type.

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think you were unlucky to be honest. I've used plenty of the pop outs without problems and most of the networks now supply these type of multi sims. 

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can order the right size of sim if you feel more comfortable.It's a simple request, you can do it via webchat you get it in a couple of days and then you can swap it when you are ready to do it slight_smile

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

or

by texting 'Swap' to 20220

and dont forget, back up your contacts/data from old phone/SIM before you do the sim swap.

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I said earlier I was given a micro sim for my phone when I went instore. I never bothered trying it myself though...it was always my intention to get the shop to do it. 5 minutes and the job was done. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also cant see why they didn't do it in store, they have the sim cards there... But because the customer has wasted so much time already, I though this would be the easiest solution.

Message 8 of 9

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I also cant see why they didn't do it in store, they have the sim cards there... But because the customer has wasted so much time already, I though this would be the easiest solution.

When I was in the store yesterday I wasn't ready to change (Don't have a new phone yet) and all I wanted to do was collect a Micro SIM pack. I've changed SIMs before using swap-my-sim online and by the text method. Previously I've had SIMs supplied by local stores and CS via web chat.

Just trying to confirm what the assistant told me was correct, do O2 now only supply multi SIM sized packs or is it still possible to get a dedicated Micro SIM size?

Message 9 of 9