cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish advice from o2 meant i lost all my photos and messages!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i upgraded to a new phone earlier this month.  i had it a few days and realised there was a problem with the phone or battery as it wasnt retaining the charge.  o2 said they'd replace it and i had a chat because i was concerned about my photos and personal detail.  i told them i was new to this (first smart phone) and needed help.  advisor said had i opened a microsoft live account which i had and said that was all that was necessary.  all my stuff would be copied over.  when the replacement phone arrived i had to remove my sim and then reset the faulty phone before handing it to the courier.  put sim in replacement phone, charged it etc. and starting setting it up how i wanted it.  no photos and no messages.  had chat with guru yesterday for ages, then passed to his supervisor.  all to no avail.  they were worse than useless and in the end i gave up, asked guru to get someone from o2 to call me as i was very disraught and angry and upset at losing my photos and messages.  don't tell me i should have known better because i didnt - i asked o2 for guidance and followed that.  today received text from o2 offering 10% discount on accessories for using their chat!!!!!  call that compensation for losing me photos and messages?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 good evening.

Agree with you as always but of course the end resulthere is that the OP has lost the lot.

I know the damage is done and we are all human but I just feel there must be a better way.

Sorry to hear the OP has lost her pics etc. I think they are gone.
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
We don't know that yet as they haven't come back to us.
Fingers are crossed for a good outcome.
However, I do agree with the comments re Live Chat 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby

Perhaps this needs picking up at o2 re the quality of advice from Live Chat and my post above re it being fit for purpose?

It could be very good but either it needs to limit what it is there to achieve and be clear on that and if questions come up outside of that remit then the customer should be guided towards 202 / 4445 or if it is going to help everyone then training needs to improve drastically.
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and suggestions.  Unfortunately because this is a new tariff, I wasn't sure how much data I would be using so didn't choose to auto back up or send anything to be stored etc.  I double checked my microsoft account and there are no photos saved.  I feel very foolish but appreciate that in future I can come to you guys for help instead of wasting my time with o2 chat. x

Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
That's a shame, but for future reference you can set it to back up on WiFi only....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15