cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgive my ignorance. Status bar messages with different tune to normal messages

Rwthless
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't know what I'm doing really. Ideally, all my messages would come to the main message section, but I'm getting some via the status bar. Mostly rubbish including O2 survey. I am deleting them and blocking the senders. Is it Samsung doing it?  Could I operate this J4 without Samsung programs horning in? Can I delete most of their program in sections and just keep the basic utilities?  Do I have to have a status bar?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I don't use a Samsung so not 100% sure, but I think you mean the notification bar (top of the phone when you aren't using any apps) and that is just to let you know there is a new message @Rwthless.

If you opened the messages app then you should see them there.

The only thing I can think of is if the Samsung app is sending you the notifications instead.

There should be an option to turn off both the notifications and put the app to sleep.

To do the first look under "settings" and the "notifications".

For the second, you want to look for "apps" in settings.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I don't use a Samsung so not 100% sure, but I think you mean the notification bar (top of the phone when you aren't using any apps) and that is just to let you know there is a new message @Rwthless.

If you opened the messages app then you should see them there.

The only thing I can think of is if the Samsung app is sending you the notifications instead.

There should be an option to turn off both the notifications and put the app to sleep.

To do the first look under "settings" and the "notifications".

For the second, you want to look for "apps" in settings.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Rwthless
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help. I'll try both.

Message 3 of 3