cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth causes headaches / migraines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else have this bluetooth migraine problem?

For months i have been getting incredible headaches at work.

Someone asked me to send a file via bluetooth to them and after 2 -3 mins i had a really bad headache !

As an experiment , i downloaded bluetooth spammer and sent messages to everyone at work asking them to turn off their bluetooth devices, miracoulously after a couple of minutes my headaches subsided.

After a bit of research , it seems that bluetooth uses a similiar wavelength as microwaves, but the weird thing is out of all the people i have talked to ( maybe 20-30) only 3 people seem to be affected by this ( small sample but approx 10%).

I have checked for research on the web but cannot see anything.
if anyone has the same issue let me know, would like to get some numbers on this.
regards
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
bluetooth/wifi(airport) generally doesn't give people headaches but it is confirmed that it gives a headache to some users..

like me, i prefer usb and ethernet connections rather than using wireless, however, out of 10 ppl from our office, i'm the only one who had a problem with it. (but i dont' have problems with mobile phones- only bluetooth and wifi)

why? it's because i had undergone craniotomy(that means i have a small hole in my skull) 2 decades ago. the wireless connection triggers a headache because of my circumstance...

therefore, wireless connections can be a precipitating factor for headache, especially with those ppl who has underlying cause...

hope this wud help..
Message 21 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I've just read an article where a craniotomy patient was given a Bluetooth device to enable him to use his computer more easily.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
i can feel it when i turn on bluetooth or airport either mobile phone or laptop...

definitely, there is something with them that makes my head aching..

fortunately for u perksie it's not happening but for me(and not alone) i can feel it...

and by the way, it's not craniotomy... it was craniectomy.. pardon me..
Message 23 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can really appreciate the comments here at last. I also 'feel it' when bluetooth is swithed on - when I connect my phone to my laptop or to the car. Recently I have completely switched off Bluetooth on my phone and never switch it on my Laptop.
For a long time I couldn't figure out why I was finishing work each day wrecked tired and with an incredible headache; similarly, after a relatively long car journey I was arriving at my destination completely shattered. Interestingly, I can also 'feel it' when both my kids play with their Nintendo DS and connect using Bluetooth - I feel the same sense of pressure in my head and can feel the headache building. I have read the articles that say that Bluetooth is harmless - but I'm not convinced! PS, I never get headaches for any other reason and thankfully enjoy very good health otherwise.
Message 24 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can sense bluetooth in a lot of cases and will gladly enter a double blind test. Bluetooth on: Migraine within three hours. Bluetooth off: Months and months without.
A chap at work suggested that a few hundred years down the line future generations of my offspring will be fully Bluetooth compatible. Nice one! In the meantime, I don't like it.
I don't give a flying fudge what scientists other posters can find to quote from, it hurts.
Message 25 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Perhaps he could get a job as a wi-fi detector? 😐
Also throw your computer and television away as they give off much higher levels of radiation.
Of course with the included link it could be spam! :mansurprised:
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 27 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Defo spam! The guy needs to be institutionalised and kept away from sharp objects.
Does 'institutionalised' qualify for word of the day? grin
Message 28 of 36

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
.......................................... grin
Word of the Day Prize:....... :D........:D
.......................................... grin

Message 29 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can really appreciate the comments here at last....

Thank you, cigire,
Yes - I can really sense it too
@all
And Thank You to answer my last post,
everybody can see, it was deleted.
And Yes, my Job is in IT, and I can detect Wifi.
Bluetooth is very toxic, because it simulates 79 AM radio stations
in the ISM Band of 2,4 Ghz.
You can believe or not, but I have the same head ache if sombody has
forgotten switching off his Bluetooth on his cellphone.
My computer has no bluetooth and wifi installed, because I have opend
it and throw the 2 littel devices away.
@ADMIN-Group: Sorry for the link in my last post...
Message 30 of 36