Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackvue sim & my existing phone

Silkweed
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Blackvue dashcam, I'm wondering whether I can use my existing monthly contract to link to the LTE function on the dashcam? Can my existing sim be cloned so I can physically add it to the dashcam, or can I be supplied with another sim with only data on?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Silkweed 

You would need to tether to it from your phone or buy a new data only sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Silkweed
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know I need another sim, I need a bit more info than I know. Too brief a reply for a bit question so I'll sort it myself

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

What was it you expected to happen?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10235 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Silkweed 

It is cheaper to take up the Blackvue offer of a Vodafone Sim Card.. 

You will need to take out a new contract to use an o2 sim card in the Dashcam or buy a PAYG Data only Sim card (if going down the contract route, you will need to pass all credit and affordability checks).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12112 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

@Silkweed wrote:

Can my existing sim be cloned so I can physically add it to the dashcam, or can I be supplied with another sim with only data on?

No - each Sim needs it's own number, so if you wanted a data sim it would come with a different number.

To get one from o2 you would need to apply for a new deal, including credit and affordability checks.

@Silkweed wrote:

I have a Blackvue dashcam, I'm wondering whether I can use my existing monthly contract to link to the LTE function on the dashcam? 

As others have said you might be able to tether your dashcam to your phone (using the phone hotspot ability) if you can connect the dashcam via WiFi.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6