Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB10 OS update

Sanj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I believe the OS update is being rolled out. Any idea when O2 will have the update?  It's meant to prolong battery life etc.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were promised we would be advised of its release on this forum.

In my naivety, I thought O2 would announce it, but well done k100rs in pipping them to the post!

Message 71 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149319 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
Leonard did say before that a maintenance release was due shortly. I'm assuming that's what you've got and O2 have called it a maintenance update not an upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 72 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great. All done and went smoothly.
Lets hope the next update isn't as painful to persuade o2 to release. ;D
Message 73 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leonard's last words directly concerning the update were:

Well, the guys have double checked it with the device team for me and on both occasions they've confirmed it wasn't being tested. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that's correct.

It never was an upgrade, it is an update, maintenance or otherwise.

Anyway it is here now, so as far I am concerned, problem (belatedly) solved.

Message 74 of 92

MI5
  • 149319 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

and his first words were this, just 3 days ago (hardly an epic wait).....

Hi guys,

I managed to get some more specific information about the BB10 OS update. 

Our device team has only tested BB10 for the Z10 and has released the software update. Unfortunately, they currently don't have any plans to test older Blackberry models. 

If you think about it, what else could it have been they were testing....?

Supported much quicker than some other devices as well, I might add......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 75 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which rather illustrates the ambiguous information we have been treated to.

I have no axe to continue to grind, but trust lessons have been learned.

Message 76 of 92

MI5
  • 149319 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
I'm please you guys have the update/upgrade and as also discussed with Leonard, the feedback of information regarding firmware updates is been looked into as an area of improvement..... Let's hope it comes soon wink
Message 77 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes MI5, I go along with that. I really want to love and trust O2. Don't let me down!

Message 78 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Supported much quicker than some other devices...but still a whole week behind Vodafone! And not to mention the complete lack of information about the update from any sort of O2 customer service rep be it in this community, twitter or via the online chat help (all of which i have used to try and find out news about this update).

As I said to the @O2 Twitter account person, after being told that they have "no information on that at the moment, sorry. Keep checking our feeds for updates" and "We dont have any announcements as of yet. But we will let you know when we know more", someone somewhere within O2 knew that this was going to be released and on what date...that information should have been cascaded to support reps and ultimately their customers so we knew when to expect it.

Yes, I'm glad its finally here...but I shouldnt have to resort to ordering SIM cards from Vodafone and applying for an unlock code for my Z10 (as many many others have done) just to get an update that was released by other carriers around the globe a week ago. 

As it stands there STILL hasnt been an announcement from the @O2 twitter account that this update is now available. Yes my phone alerted me, but I had to find out from Crackberry.com first...

So in summary...not good enough O2.

Message 79 of 92

MI5
  • 149319 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
I think all has been said now that can be. The update came out, late, but only by a week from Voda. What about Orange and 3 etc...? Leonard has promised to look into a method of improving feedback in this area. All we can do now is trust him and await his feedback. Meanwhile, enjoy your new devices slight_smile
Message 80 of 92