cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 920 overheating

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a new Nokia Lumia 920 a month ago and in the last few days the top of the phone heats up when internet is being used and when the phone is being charged - is this anything to worry about? This is my second 920 as the first was faulty - the phone kept freezing and crashing so O2 replaced it.

Is the heating issue common? Could it be an updated app running in the background that is causing the phone to heat up?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Start by taking off any apps you have added and see if the problem goes away.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard of this before and apparently its due to the NFC being on don't quite understand why that should cause an issue though

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried switching NFC off and it's just the same. Frustrating! There were several app updates on Tuesday and it has been since then it has been heating up. I've switched off all background apps. Can't work out what is wrong...
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm might be worth getting it checked out again bit of a pain though as you've already had one faulty one

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know...it's making me worry that I've picked a phone that's full of problems. If the phone is a month old will O2 still help me get this fixed? Surely it's still under warranty?
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they will but a word of advice I would not let them send it away for repair there are lots of horror stories about their repair service I would push for a replacement and if they wont do it I would go to nokia direct

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Start by taking off any apps you have added and see if the problem goes away.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both.

I had a play around with it and finally deleted the Nokia Drive app. I'd never used it and it supposedly wasn't running in the background - however it was one of the updates mid week. I've charged the phone up and it wasn't even warm, never mind hot.

Fingers crossed that was the root of the problem...
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Whenever a problem suddenly occurs, always look for what's recently changed wink

Well done in finding the culprit....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad it's hopefully sorted
Message 10 of 10