Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
To some extent, yes.
But also means that they are a little more "cultured" and less kick and chase... (here's looking at you, Jordan Henderson!)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Combine all of the above with the fact 'home grown' players and teams are having great difficulty at local level.

Junior football is suffering badly. There are new teams folding every week. The majority of teams are finding it very, very hard to run. Pitch fees are becoming astronomical. It's embarrassing that this country can't afford to fund players at grass root level...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
There were supposed to be terms as part of the TV deal(s) that a proportion of the money gets funneled down to lower leagues.
How that works or how much they get I am not sure.
I did like the tweet from one club that the amount of money spent in this transfer market would cover the running cost of the club for 1,000 years!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

It didn't get channelled down when I was supporting out local team for 10 years (as far as I am aware). I know @MI5 coaches at junior level now ...so not sure if his club sees any funding?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 24

jonsie
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
This is why more TV money needs to go into grassroots football so let's not say football in this country isn't solely dependent on the likes of sky and bt. All the revenue goes to the Premier league and not enough to the lower Levels. My grandkids play for their schools and two weekend teams, one of which my son manages. Its heartbreaking having to ask for subscriptions from parents when you see the likes of Pogba and Rooney to name but two, take home 300k a week.
Message 15 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The thing is Ben's subscriptions increased constantly. Our coach was always embarrassed to tell us this. We did fundraising events to allow us to play on one of the best pitches in the area....but there is so much talent in this country with no chance of developing further if we don't channel money to allow the talent to flourish. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Not a single penny.
Subs or raise our own funds!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Exactly that and me and my son have had to cut the grass and Mark out the pitches more than once.  We have to supply the netting and pay the voluntary refs. The league provides nothing only trophies from club fees. 

Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Ray and I bought the trophies for our club. We also sponsored them for a year for the kit...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
What name did you have put on the shirts wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 24