cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the theatre ..... does anyone go these days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

it just very recently dawned on me the last time I went to the theatre was to see a magic show put at the Bingley Little Theatre by the Bradford Magic Circle ..... = ..... local dancing troupe of girls opened each half of the show + funny magic + just awesome big tricks magic + almost stand-up commedian magic + witty compere ..... = ..... fun family, auditorium packed show ..... you can see from any seat in the house, but I like to sit near the centre front row as then you can see more clearly the close-up magic ..... & ..... yes, as an oldie but hopefull goodly person I do believe in magic & fairies too slight_smile

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the theatre, we only have 3 main (and not very big) venues in York.  I especially love musicals - Les Miserables is my favourite.  I have been down to London to see it twice already this year and have another 3 trips already planned (my excuse is that my nephew is in the cast!)  Honestly if I lived in London I would go to the theatre all the time, not just musicals there are plays as well, too numerous to name but I would no doubt be bankrupt within a very short time!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I love the theatre, we only have 3 main (and not very big) venues in York.  I especially love musicals - Les Miserables is my favourite.  I have been down to London to see it twice already this year and have another 3 trips already planned (my excuse is that my nephew is in the cast!)  Honestly if I lived in London I would go to the theatre all the time, not just musicals there are plays as well, too numerous to name but I would no doubt be bankrupt within a very short time!  Smiley Very Happy

I can only but concurr with you @Anonymous ...... when I lived in Fulford, a district of York ..... we would always go to the Christmas panto with Berwick Kayler in charge of course ..... & att the is it the Opera House was being done up, so never went there ..... fond memories of York ..... & yes I'd do the musicals & everything else if I lived in London, & I wouldn't mind going on my own either, I daresay xo slight_smile

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't been to the theatre since I moved to London... I need to save a bit. Has anyone seen The curious incident of the dog in the night-time ?
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not seen "Curious incident..."but would like to.  A friend of mine has seen it and highly recommended it.  Also, @Anonymous - Berwick Kaler is still doing the York pantomime.  I haven't seen it for some years though.  Last year we went to the Grand Opera House one which was very good.

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know Berwick Kayler is still doing the panto at York Theatre Royal

I read the book of the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night ..... after it was featured as BBCR4's book at bedtime ..... & it is an interesting story, you just can't predict the end at all slight_smile

Message 15 of 15