Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi my daughter is due an upgrade soon and has asked if she can have an iphone, she is really heavy on phones her blackberry is totally destroyed after 8months and had it replaced then she got my mobile after upgrade that lasted 2months . I'm really asking are iphones any stronger and durable than blackberry or sony phones she has had quite a few cases also for phones any help would be greatly appreciated xxx
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I was looking at the 5 as i'm loath to get a brand new model for her x
Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RCL wrote:
I was looking at the 5 as I'm loath to get a brand new model for her x

Currently the iPhone 5 is the newest model out.

Rumours are the iPhone 5s will be aesthetically the same as the IP5 but have more under the hood plus 4G compatibility.

The IP5c is rumoured to have a plastic chassis and back. ie: A budget version.

Message 12 of 28

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Sorry I know apple are bringing a new phone out next month i've still got a couple of weeks before her upgrade so by the time I do it the new model should be about to come out, just needed some advice as I like sony phones and never used apple xxx
Message 13 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

She will get all the street cred with the iphone:smileywink: They are very easy to use and get accustomed to as well (prefer Android personally). Loads of help on here should she be in need:smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 28

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thank you to everyone for all your help xxx
Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your very welcome.

Message 16 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your very welcome.

You're wink sorry, pet hate Smiley Embarassed

??  

Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your daughter managed to destroy a BlackBerry then I don't hold out much hope for an iPhone lasting more than a few weeks.

What is she using the phone for exactly? That should be something you take into account when choosing a phone for her, not only its "destructability". I would say that any phone with a decent case on it should take a beating, but touchscreens are obviously at a higher risk as the entire front of the phone is essentially just a glass screen.

For this reason I'd stick with a Blackberry, maybe even the new Q10 which has a touchscreen and physical buttons and runs the latest OS10 software. Coupled with a decent case (otterbox as mentioned above) and it should last a decent amount of time.

Message 19 of 28

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
She uses it alot for internet and social networks and texts more than calls but can still go through her allowance:*) she was having problems and her phone did get thrown a few times but things seem to have been sorted for her. That's one of the reasons i've sort of given in to an iphone after the year she has had I think she could do with a little bit of cheering up xxx
Message 20 of 28