cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invent the tech please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to find out where my new rescue kitten is in my home = seriously, no kidding (last jab due soon in initial innoculation series)

tomorrow I'll have had Dancer a week & have hardly seen him

this morning upon rising I saw his bonny face peer around the door jamb of the spare bedroom then he disappeared I know not where

he has quietened down now - the distressful loud meowing has practically stopped - my rescue cat Marty didn't like to hear the noise & went in search ie the kitten stopped meowing 

is it possible there is a domestic equivalent of the 'cat cam collar' as seen on tv with large wild cats 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try putting a bowl of favourite cat food and a bowl of water or milk out to get an appearance.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look what I found http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/12/cat-cam-the-tiny-camera-t_n_1338974.html

Options available on those famous auction sites too !
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123243 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Unless it is worrying you Jane I really wouldn't bother with any such device. Dancer hasn't been used to it before and it probably will stress him out.

You have said he is eating his food so he is not in any danger....

Also if you ring the vet they will allow you a weeks grace with that innoculation. (I know because a similar thing happened with Lily) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Try putting a bowl of favourite cat food and a bowl of water or milk out to get an appearance.

the kitten Dancer is eating dry food, wet food & drinking well

he likes his toys judging by the state of my living room

has inveiliged himself of the best chair in the house to baum up with white cat hairs

I think I will get some catnip granules tomorrow from the town's pet shop & put it around new scratching post & generally upstairs

my house is fast becoming what to me is a bit of dogs breakfast LOL

Message 5 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23176 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

There are tons of pet locators if you Google it, but I would take @Cleoriff 's advice and not waste your money. Your kitten is, well....a kitten. As long as he's eating he's probably okay.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123243 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Ah but...never were cats more loved...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123243 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Oh and Jane....Lily is still a 'scaredy cat'.  She stays upstairs most of the day....comes down when the 'boys' are out. As soon as they come back in she hisses and spits and clears off back upstairs...

Very much a loner....but then she is a female LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Unless it is worrying you Jane I really wouldn't bother with any such device. Dancer hasn't been used to it before and it probably will stress him out.

You have said he is eating his food so he is not in any danger....

Also if you ring the vet they will allow you a weeks grace with that innoculation. (I know because a similar thing it happened with Lily) wink

thank you Cleoriff ..... I didn't know about the weeks grace with the last innoculation, Dancer at 4 months old has already had cat flu, as have the other 2 of the litter ..... I think he'd let me know with distressing meowing if he was at all uncomfortable

thanks BoB for the link ..... it would be great to see (a) where my adult cat Marty goes as well as (b) where Dancer is in the house, but 1st catchee monkey wink

I've had poor experiences with cats & collars - Marty's lasted 3 days = a safety clasp one at that

maybe I was hoping for something to tech-up my home, say with red heat sources, yep I know = expensive slight_frown

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh and Jane....Lily is still a 'scaredy cat'.  She stays upstairs most of the day....comes down when the 'boys' are out. As soon as they come back in she hisses and spits and clears off back upstairs...

Very much a loner....but then she is a female LOL

well you know what they say Cleoriff

the female of the species is more deadlier than the male wink

Message 10 of 15