Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Cup.

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Who team are you supporting and hoping to win the World Cup this year? Me England all the way.

LGreenwood
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25222 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`d love to see ENGLAND win but, despite a great performance against Iran, can`t see them make the final.

Let`s face it, the England men`s team are not a patch on the LIONESSES !!!

As my ancestors were Welsh, I`m also gonna cheer on WALES. 😀  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Supporting England all the way but how wonderful was the reaction from the Wales fans. They have waited for nearly 60 years for this.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm watching this World Cup as a relative neutral so its been interesting so far. England started brightly but reverted to type in the second game. Can't see Wales winning 1-nil against them or hoping the Americans beat Iran by 3 or more to qualify for the second round. 

So far, team to watch is France and quite likely the favourites for no other reason because they are Brazil. Yet this time they do look a strong team so I watch with interest. Though don't rule out Ecuador causing problems. 

Message 4 of 14

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 965 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Always hope England do well and want them to win, but a strong Brazil team always makes a World Cup for me.

Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Yesterday was a shock to all. Morocco beat Spain, 0-o at full time so it went to penalties. Morocco beat Spain by 3 goals to nil.

Then we come to Portugal where the Portuguese coach dropped Ronaldo as he was angry at some comments he'd made and is obviously thinking he is God!!

So he got dropped and the team played much better without him! His replacement, 21 year old Goncarlo Ramos scored a hat trick, then another 3 goals came to add to that tally. They beat Switzerland 6-1 with a stunning display. the coach was forced to put Ronaldo on when they got to 74 mins as the fans had come to see him play and were becoming restless!!

He scored a goal which was ruled off side but it was another pretender for his crown, Rafael Leao, who curled in the 6th.

So Portugal have proved they are a better team without Ronaldo and I doubt he will be in the line up against  Morocco. In fact he may have kicked his last ball for his country last night.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25222 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After the last 16 round, ENGLAND will face FRANCE in the quarter finals; and, if ENGLAND win, will face the winner of PORTGAL v MOROCCO quarter final in the semi finals....

Tough games ahead for ENGLAND. I think ENGLAND can beat FRANCE - if Southgate drops the full backs 

Maguire and Stones who almost cost us the last game with their errors and passing between each other and passing back rather than feeding the ball to midfield and getting the ball up the pitch.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 14

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Doubt Maguire and Stones will be dropped. From my point of view, Maguire's forehead has played well so far but there's that one game where things go wrong....against a moving Giroud and a roaming Greizman, it will be a torrid time for both of them if Mbappe gets in some accurate passing. It will be tough game and hopefully entertaining whoever wins. 

Outrageous prediction: 4-1 to France. England score first with a Harry Maguire header and Giroud equalising before England collapsing to a Harry Maguire own goal in each half. Mbappe nutmegging Maguire for the last one resulting in the re-release of the Christmas 3 Lions song suddenly being deleted from history 🤣

Message 8 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25222 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quarter final...

MOROCCO 1 PORTGAL O

[to the tune "Three Lions"]

He`s going home

He`s going home

Ronaldo`s going home

Arrogant little s*d

Thought he was God

He`s going home

He`s going home

Ronaldo`s going home

Thanks to Morocco

He`ll still cry tomorrow

He`s going home

He`s going home

Ronaldo`s going home

Now for ENGLAND to beat FRANCE

Come on Lions, show us you can be as great as the Lionesses.

In case anyone is wondering, after ENGLAND beat FRANCE tonight, I want ENGLAND to beat MOROCCO..  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

England are 1-0 down after 16 minutes. 🙄

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14