Did you mean: 

Word Hunt Diamond - Important Announcement

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25019 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fear not, WHD`s Diamond Dogs of Words - 

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @BobM  @Bambino  @gmarkj  @Anonymous  @TallTrees  @RafaC   @MI5   @Projectionist 

@lewys-gp  @jonsie 

and other wordsmiths, the Word Hunt Diamond game ain`t going anywhere and will continue as long as you guys want it and continue to enjoy the game.

That said, there are a couple of points which I`d like to bring to everyone`s attention.

Firstly, the target number of words in WHD.

Thank you everyone who posted and/or pm`d me with your views on WHD game[s] with 90+ words to find.

The overwelming majority have said that they prefer the target to remain as at present [which is usually between 60+ and mid to high 70s. 

As this is a majority, democratic decision, then WHD games will continue with the same usual target.

Secondly, when WHD resumed after a week`s absence due to problems with the new look forum, I introduced the awards for the person who found the nine-letter word; the person who found the last word in the list; and the person who found the most words not in the list but in dictionaries.

I am conscious of the fact that there has been an omission on my part. 

Towards the end of the game, there have been as many as 10+ words submitted including the last word.

However, I have not mentioned or replied to these 10+ words and this is something I wish to address.

So, from next Tuesday, there will be a slight change...

As soon as the LAST WORD in the list is given, I will post an announcement

- LAST WORD FOUND. PLEASE STOP THE GAME

I will then post

- my reply to those last 10+ posts [or however many words were posted] up to when I made the announcement to stop the game as the last word had been found.

After that, I will post

- the Congratulations - who found the last word; who found the nine-letter word; and who gave the most words not in the list - up to when I posted the announcement LAST WORD FOUND, PLEASE STOP THE GAME

I believe that this will clarify a couple of things

- firstly, it acknowledges the effort everyone made to find words in the race to the end

- secondly, everyone will know if their words towards the end are in the list or words not in the list

- thirdly, it will help me in scoring how many words not in the list were foud and who found the most

- fourthly, it keeps the competitive element of trying to find the final word, and also words not in the list.

As I have said before, I love running the Word Hunt Diamond game, and any extra work which I may have to do is not a burden but a small price to pay for the wonderful response, number of players, and number of views each and every Word Hunt Diamond game gets; and am so grateful to each and everyone of you.  

I look forward to setting and running next Tuesday`s WHD and hope to see all of you joining in.

Thank you for your support, which means so much to me.

Mi-Amigo

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Actually @Mi-Amigo that sounds pretty good to me (as long as you are happy with the extra work.)

I have always thought there are so many words towards the end of the game, in the race to the finish, which we don't hear anything about. 😂

Besides that, it will stop us struggling to find additional words once you tell us to stop the game as the last word has been found. That seems to go on for ages.

Just to clarify then, once you tell us to stop, last word found (at the end) any words posted after that, will NOT be included in your count?

Anything posted before you tell us to stop WILL be added to the final total?

If so, it all sounds fine to me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Mi-Amigo
  • 25019 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I`m pleased you think the idea seems pretty good thumbsup

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to clarify then, once you tell us to stop, last word found (at the end) any words posted after that, will NOT be included in your count?

Anything posted before you tell us to stop WILL be added to the final total?

If so, it all sounds fine to me.

To clarify...

Any words posted after I`ve posted LAST WORD FOUND, STOP THE GAME will not be included in my count for "words not in the list"

Any words found before I`ve posted LAST WORD FOUND, STOP THE GAME will be added to the total in my count for "words not in the list"

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 7

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for the announcement and your willingness to improve your already excellent Word Hunt Diamond game @Mi-Amigo.

It all sounds very good and fair to me!

Message 4 of 7

Mi-Amigo
  • 25019 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @RafaC 

I`m pleased you think this sounds good and fair.

I hope you will get the chance to join in with Tuesday`s WHD and maybe around in the race to the finish...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo Thanks for the update, unfortunately I had to miss the game yesterday as I am away all this week with other commitments.

I don't mind any amount of words, any amount you see fit is fine with me. 

Message 6 of 7

Mi-Amigo
  • 25019 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous 

Pleased you don`t mind how many words in WHD

Sorry you missed Tuesday`s game and hope you have a chance to join in with next Tuesday`s.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 7