Word Hunt Diamond - Game 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 26

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted with a target number of words to find using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

A

B          R

E        C         K

M         N

H

This week`s target is 61 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter word.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter C.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, CRACK wouldn`t be allowed].

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter C

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

I will endeavour to give regular updates on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found.

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the players who played in last week`s game -

@Cleoriff  @Bambino  @TallTrees  @pgn  @WispaRed7  @Bob_Mcg  @blissgirl 

and those who have played in previous Word Hunt Diamond games, including -

@gmarkj  @MI5 and Community Managers @Martin-O2  and @Marjo 

and new Community Manager @LukasB ; any member who has not played before, or any new member will join in and play

and not only find the target of 61 words in the list, but, as in previous games, also find words not only in the list in the source used for the game.

Can you find the 61 words in the list - and additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 149
148 REPLIES 148

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4388 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please ignore a similar message posted twice above..... having a lot of Internet problems today.   Some are posting and others I'm losing and have to rewrite

Message 141 of 149

Mi-Amigo
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your kind words @BobM 

I`m pleased you enjoyed the game and well done finding the last word.

The only difficulty I sometimes have is if I`m called away and come back to a host of posts [not that I mind, as I`m pleased with the efforts and enthusiasm of those taking part] and have to check some of the words not in the list. That said, it all adds to the fun.

Thanks @pgn 

As you said, it was great to end the game with the Scottish word, which, to be honest, I thought might be a little harder to find.

Yes, the game helps keep me busy [I won`t say out of mischief] during the day on Thursdays and I`m so pleased it`s back and everyone enjoys it. Whether I`m like Homer, I`ll leave that for you lot to decide joy

Thank you @Cleoriff 

Pleased you enjoyed the game and thanks for asking for the temporary halt while I played "catch up" on the answers and update thumbsup Also, well done on finding a lot of words not in the list.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 142 of 149

BobM
  • 4388 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Have to give @BobM credit for coming in with a long Scottish term to finish off the list - well done!

Thanks @pgn  Yeah a couple of Scots words to finish with.

Message 143 of 149

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Not so much "like Homer", @Mi-Amigo , as surrounded by books, dictionaries and other sundry reference material (I've lost/misplaced my Pears, too, sadly, but still have my Merck Manual (@Cleoriff) and dictionary of both Dickens and Shakespeare plays, Chambers Dictionary of Language, not to mention the entire box-set of 007 films on DVD...! Thoughful).

Message 144 of 149

Mi-Amigo
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to let you all know...

I`ve got a nice Word Hunt Diamond in mind for next week - with a not so easy red letter - and 70 words to find, which should be fun. I`m going to check out the grid and answers over the weekend.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 145 of 149

BobM
  • 4388 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo .... Will look forward to next week's quiz when hopefully my Internet will be working a bit better

Message 146 of 149

Mi-Amigo
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m slightly envious @pgn as I don`t have the Merck Manual nor the Chambers Dictionary of Language...

guess I should add them to my "next Amazon purchase" list.

I hope your internet connection improves soon @BobM fingers_crossed.

tbh mine was running slow a little earlier in the week but seems to be OK now 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 147 of 149

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

sorry @Mi-Amigo missed it due to no computer in the english countryside - but next word game I will win joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 148 of 149

Mi-Amigo
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry you missed out on the WHD last Thursday @LukasB 

Look forward to you joining in this Thursday.thumbsup

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 149 of 149