Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
The first date to put in your 2015 diary - the release of Windows 9.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/windows-9-release-date-news-and-rumours-102...

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/1305025/windows-9-threshold-release-date-and-features-rumour...

The changes between Windows 7 and Windows 8 were so drastic and came under fire from many critics that it's fair to say that people are sceptical about the release if a Windows 9.

I personally prefer Windows 7, although as with all new operating systems, it had a lot of problems shortly after it's release. I know that Windows 8 was created primarily to work with the Windows phones (although some people claim that its features were created for ease with all devices), but I don't think that it has done anything to help PC users.

I don't like Windows 8, nor it's 8.1 update.

Rumours suggest that 8.2 will be easier on the eyes and better apps.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I read, which is not much I admit, it's just a remake of Window 8 / 8.1 essentially.

Windows 7 is truly a great desktop os and I intend to use it for a long time to come, for all of my computers.

I have to agree with that, it must be the first OS from Microsoft that I've used and never had a blue screen or a crash of any kind.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
7 is all that vista should have been
Message 12 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
7 is all that vista should have been

They'll have to drag me off Win 7 kicking and screaming! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved away from Windows 7 a while ago.

I actually liked XP but made the mistake of upgrading the PC to Vista !

Crazy

Best move i made in my eyes was to move to a MAC and am now on OS X Mavericks.

Each to their own.

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8. Windows 7 and Windows XP, I think are the best two versions of Windows Microsoft have released.

After trying Windows 8 out on a friends laptop (and absolutely hating it) this was one of the reasons why I moved from Windows to Mac (glad I did though) and I won't be going back.

The mentioned friend has had his laptop mess up twice within a couple of months of installing Windows 8 and then 8.1, it wouldn't boot up out of the blue. After this, my friend installed Windows 7 and has had this installed for a few months now and has had zero issues with it.

On a tablet or smartphone, Windows 8 was a good OS. But from what I can remember with Windows 8, there seemed too much emphasis put on it been used on a touch screen device.

Hopefully with Windows 9. Microsoft will put more work into releasing different versions for use on touchscreen devices, and on computers that use mice (which is still a lot).

I think Microsoft will have learned based on the heavy criticism Windows 8 got on its release, and hopefully will release a good OS again with Windows 9. This was the case too when Microsoft released Windows 7, after Vista was heavily criticised. 

Message 15 of 24

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

My mum still uses Windows XP on the main computer at home and she loves it.  She doesn't like change.  She kicked off when Internet Explorer updated to 9, then 10, then 11.  She demanded to downgrade to 8 again but when I said no she flipped.  I told her to go and complain to Bill Gates - she didn't look amused lol.

I have Windows 8 on my laptop and I can't find 1 thing that I like about it.  It takes me forever to find programs and I don't like the so called 'amazing' new features.  I think that Windows 8 should of been for mobiles and tablets only.

Message 16 of 24

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23991 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Certain versions of Windows 8 allow you to downgrade to Windows 7 with no charge, but I think it's for Windows 8 Pro and above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
MS will be pulling support fo XP in April which means no more updates and thousands of machines exposed to security risks. Anyone on XP would be wise to upgrade to Win7 as a minimum or run the risk of virus's and hackers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 24

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Sorry - correct that - I just checked and my mum has Vista.  She loves it anyway.

I don't have the Pro version so I can't downgrade 😞

Did anyone else have any issues updating to 8.1?

Message 19 of 24

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Well about to dual-boot Ubuntu Linux again. Wish me luck.
Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 20 of 24