White Room Quiz - more odd questions - Advanced Notice

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

The WHITE ROOM QUIZ is open to all members of the Community

As last week`s White Room Quiz, with "oddest questions", saw 12 taking part and, from the comments, was enjoyed by everyone, I thought it might  help lighten the mood and be fun to have another "oddest questions" quiz again this week.

Over the weekend, I have searched and put together eight questions which don`t fit into the normal categories from which the questions are usually selected, with not only some "odd categories" but also some rather "odd questions".

One question has been selected from each of these eight "odd" categories

Money; Badges; Code; Letters; Cartoon; The Sky; Sayings; Time 

These are rather different categories this time and I hope everyone will find the quiz is fun when the actual questions are posted.

The questions will be posted on Wednesday morning 20 May 2020.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @OldFart  @gmarkj  @WispaRed7 

O2 admin and staff, who took part last week - @Marjo  @Martin-O2 @LukasB  @O2John  

and any member or O2 staff, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and new members

will join in with this week`s White Room Quiz.

Please note the changes to the White Room Quiz

The eight questions will be posted on a separate thread on morning of Wed 20 May 2020.

The quiz will be open for members to  pm me [ @Mi-Amigo ] with their eight answers -

between Wed 20 May 2020 at 12 NOON and Thurs 21 May 2020 at 23.59 [11.59pm] -

this is to allow 36 hours for answers to be pm`d to me [ @Mi-Amigo ].

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday morning 22 May.

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer.

In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the quiz so popular.

I hope you enjoy this week`s "oddest questions" White Room Quiz - 

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trivia - Love Me Do was the Beatles debut song, but it was recorded twice in 62. Once with Pete Best & then with Ringo..

Which version do you remember?
Message 11 of 12

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Trivia - Love Me Do was the Beatles debut song, but it was recorded twice in 62. Once with Pete Best & then with Ringo..

Which version do you remember?

Great question @Anonymous 

Pete Best did drum on Love Me Do - recorded at Abbey Road on 6 June 1962 but that version was never commercially released. Pete Best was replaced by Ringo

Ringo drummed on Love Me Do - recorded at Abbey Road on 4 Sept 1962 with 15 takes of song

but on 11 Sep 1962 The Beatles were requested to go back to Abbey Road and recorded LoveMe Do with Andy White, session drummer, and Ringo relegated to tambourine! - with 18 takes of this version

Love Me Do was released on 5 October 1962

the initial pressing - with a red Parlophone label - featured Ringo`s drumming from 4 Sept

all other pressings, inc version on EPs and Please Please Me feature Andy White`s drumming of 11 Sept.

I have all versions. I much prefer the Ringo version - with his different style of drumming.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 12