White Room Quiz Wed 27 April 2022

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25230 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1651046062551.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is eight questions with two questions from each of these categories

- PLACES    SCIENCE    MUSIC    FOOD & DRINK

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @gmarkj   @TallTrees  @BobM  @Spenny  @J9el  @lewys-gp 

- and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 PLACES 1 - What is the capital of Finland ?

Q2 SCIENCE 1 - Which is the most common gas in the atmosphere ?

Q3 MUSIC 1 - Which duo had a "one hit wonder" in UK in 1969 with "In The Year 2525" ?

Q4 FOOD & DRINK 1 - Which fruit is a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry ?

Q5 PLACES 2 - Alnwick Castle is in which English county ?

Q6 SCIENCE 2 - Ocular coloboma is a condition which affects which part of the human body ?

Q7 MUSIC 2 - Who had a UK No 1 album in 1987 with "Tunnel Of Love" ?

Q8 FOOD & DRINK 2 - What is canard on a French menu ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 27 April 2022] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 28 April 2022] - allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 29 April 2022

Each member will be awarded star.pngfor each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1651046062800.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 27 Apr 2022] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 28 Apr 2022].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 28 Apr 2022 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Incoming @Mi-Amigo >>>>>>

Cleoriff_0-1651098212167.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 27

Mi-Amigo
  • 25230 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

like the gif

pm with your answers received

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 27

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Answers should be with you, @Mi-Amigo!

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 13 of 27

Mi-Amigo
  • 25230 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @lewys-gp 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 27

Mi-Amigo
  • 25230 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone who has sent me a pm with their answers.

Gentle reminder to

@J9el @TallTrees @jonsie @Spenny @BobM 

and anyone else who would like to have a go at this quiz.

There is still plenty of time - up to 11.59pm tonight [Thurs] to pm me @Mi-Amigo with your answers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Good luck

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 27

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 965 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Answers should be with you @Mi-Amigo 😊

Message 16 of 27

Mi-Amigo
  • 25230 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @J9el 

Thank you @Spenny 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 27

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hello all ‌‌

I've missed out on a couple of the WRQs.  Come back and feels like most of the questions fallen my way. We'll see if my feelings match reality.

A little peek inside my head when I was trying to answer the questions

1. The answer was just in my head for this one.  Never been to Finland before though.
2. Just turned round and asked my daughter.  😊
3. In the year 2525 if a man is still alive……nope, no idea who sang it.  One of those songs that I only know that one starting line of the lyrics and have to hum the rest
4. Don’t ask me how I know that, one of those that you just link to something and it sticks in your head.
5, Know of the castle because it is used in films but counties are not my thing so somewhere in England....so just repeating the question ‌‌
6. Educated guess….what is a coloboma? Hmmm will have to go look that up after I send in my answers
7. One of my fave groups. Hope I haven't gone and got it wrong now. ‌‌
8. Yum, yum, yum

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 18 of 27

Mi-Amigo
  • 25230 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE ANSWERS

Q1 PLACES 1 - What is the capital of Finland ?

A1. Helsinki

Q2 SCIENCE 1 - Which is the most common gas in the atmosphere ?

A2. Nitrogen - 78%.

Q3 MUSIC 1 - Which duo had a "one hit wonder" in UK in 1969 with "In The Year 2525" ?

A3. Zager and Evans

Q4 FOOD & DRINK 1 - Which fruit is a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry ?

A4. Tayberry or loganberry

Q5 PLACES 2 - Alnwick Castle is in which English county ?

A5. Northumberland.

Q6 SCIENCE 2 - Ocular coloboma is a condition which affects which part of the human body ?

A6. Eyes,

Q7 MUSIC 2 - Who had a UK No 1 album in 1987 with "Tunnel Of Love" ?

A7. Bruce Springsteen. Two quizzers gave the answer Dire Straits. Dire Straits had a track "Tunnel of Love"

on 1980 album "Making Movies" and released it as a single in 1981 but wasn`t title of album.  

Q8 FOOD & DRINK 2 - What is canard on a French menu ?

A8. Duck.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 27

Mi-Amigo
  • 25230 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE RESULTS

@MI5 

Q1 correct - awarded star.pngQ2 correct - awarded star.pngQ3 correct - awarded star.pngQ4 correct - awarded star.png

Q5 correct - awarded star.pngQ6 correct - awarded star.pngQ7 correct - awarded star.pngQ8 correct - awarded star.png

plus for 8 correct answers also awarded

MiAmigo_0-1651216906681.jpeg

Silver Thinker

@gmarkj 

Q1 correct - awarded star.pngQ2 correct - awarded star.pngQ3 Theresa V + LukasB - incorrect 

Q4 blackcurrent - incorrect  Q5 correct - awarded star.pngQ6 correct - awarded star.pngQ7 Martino2 - incorrect

Q8 correct - awarded star.png

plus for 5 correct answers also awarded    

MiAmigo_1-1651217101065.jpeg

Red Thinker

@pgn 

Q1 correct - awarded star.pngQ2 correct - awarded star.pngQ3 correct - awarded star.pngQ4 correct - awarded star.png

Q5 correct - awarded star.pngQ6 correct - awarded star.pngQ7 correct - awarded star.pngQ8 correct - awarded star.png

Silver Thinker

@Cleoriff 

Silver Thinker

@lewys-gp 

Q1 correct - awarded star.pngQ2 correct - awarded star.pngQ3 Pulp - incorrect Q4 blueberry - incorrect

Q5 Yorkshire - incorrect  Q6 correct - awarded star.pngQ7 Dire Straits - incorrect  Q8 correct - awarded star.png

plus for 4 correct answers also awarded    

MiAmigo_2-1651217140308.jpeg

Red Thinker

@J9el 

Q1 correct - awarded star.pngQ2 Hydrogen - incorrect  Q3 correct - awarded star.pngQ4 correct - awarded star.png

plus for 7  correct answers also awarded 

MiAmigo_4-1651217530239.jpeg

Bronze Thinker

@Spenny 

Q1 correct - awarded star.pngQ2 correct - awarded star.pngQ3 pass   Q4 correct - awarded star.png

Q5 pass   Q6 correct - awarded star.pngQ7 Dire Straits - incorrect  Q8 correct - awarded star.png

plus for 5 correct answers also awarded    

MiAmigo_3-1651217167975.jpeg

Red Thinker

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 20 of 27