cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the worst car that you've ever owned ??

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

OK - confession time....

I have owned, over the years, a Lada, Skoda (old type), and a Trabant - thankfully not at the same time. 

All have been as bad as rumoured, and good for building up one's mechanical skills.

Can anyone top this list of motoring dog toffee dog poop

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It (and I) normally did. Not always at the quickest pace, and often with a few hiccups to start but in most cases we got there.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 51 of 52

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

By a nose, an Austin Ambassador. The seats were incredibly comfortable, but the steering was terrifyingly vague. Nothing happened when you turned the wheel at a corner, so you'd panic, wrench the wheel round and hit the brakes, at which point the bonnet slowly started to swing in the required direction like an ocean liner. Terrifying. When I queried the handling, the salesman at the Austin Rover dealership murmured "Ah yes, the Anbassador. What a f***pig." 

Close behind it was a Volkswagen Passat estate which drank oil, had a whimsical temperature gauge with a mind of its own and also stuttered to a halt on occasion before springing back to life as if it just fancied a rest.

Of possible interest is what started as a impulse, panic buy - a 3 year old Volvo 240 estate with 63000 miles on it in 1991 at Brighouse auction for £3250. 

I sold it for scrap in 2000 because its valves and cylinder head were shot along with the seats.

It had 240,000 miles on. It took our band gear around the region for 9 years, P.A., guitars, keyboards,, everything, 3 nights a week. Treatment that trashes a Transit in 18 months. Never needed a repair.

Message 52 of 52