Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When your phone is soooooo bad?

Vicky982
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S22 last year from O2 and it is the worst phone ive ever owned. Constantly duping apps open, cant link via bluetooth as it duped spotify so it freezes up. Sometimes drops the network but doesnt tell me, so I miss incoming calls. Randomly tuns itself onto offline mode, you cant get reversed without hard resetting the hand set. 

Why do you get locked into long contracts with a phone that is barely functional and not damaged by me in any way. 2 more years of this crap. 

Just written out a fb messenger message, 3 times n it wiped it before I could press send, for no reason. Now booting up a laptop so I can respond to facebook messages. Assuming its only going to get worse as it ages too. 

What is in place at o2, when the handset is a bag of ****** and your locked into paying for a phone that doesnt even take incoming calls reliably?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12338 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

If you think there is an issue with your phone then the first place to try would be Samsung to see if there is a fault - assuming you have done all the self diagnostic stuff first @Vicky982 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

If they have no joy, then you could try o2 to see if they will replace it.

You might also be covered under your home insurance, or if you have a paid for bank account.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Vicky982 

Following on from the advice that @gmarkj has given you, I suggest that you get a PAYG SIM for another network and try that in your 'phone. That will help you to establish whether you have a handset, SIM or a network issue. 

You might also want to look at :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Your description sounds like a handset issue ; but it is clearly worth trying to eliminate other possibilities. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Message 3 of 3