Did you mean: 

What device or gadget made you say 'WOW!'

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As above, a simple question; What device or gadget made you think 'WOW' when you first held it?

For me it was the Nokia 3510i. Polyphonic ringtones and a colour screen? Who could resist!

nokia3510i-1354176489-3.jpg

The PS3 comes in a close second wink

How about you? What gadgets have blown your mind?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
That just gives me the pip 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

IBM Executive electric typewriter - it was very heavy - It'd have been passed around from the Managing Director's secretary down to the lowest of the low = me in the works office = why 'cos an m took up 3 spaces & and an i one ..... yes had a lift off tape, but I was never a good typist until the 1st computer keyboard came along ie a clatterboard type = I could get a real speed up & much better accuracy on them = now at my flat laptop screen = anyone with 2 fingers can key in now (I used to call it boj typing).....

Na'then Mr Munro, the Works Director, my boss, showed me his Texas Instruments hand held battery powered calculator, cost around £75 then in @ 1973 - I guess I would have experienced a WOW moment then ..... Cat Happy

Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

latest "Wow" moment for me...

Yesterday we got working a PC thats been sitting in a department at my work but off the network, hasn't been backed up for around 5 years, has a pretty critical system running on it and the hard drive was reportedly faulty.

The "WOW" moment was what we saw was running on it:

IMG_20140310_113232.jpg

Message 13 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Sorry PapaDug, is it the Internal database part that is alarming? I feel like a newb haha
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Fond memories of Windows 3.1 - Esp the installation process Crazy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Xbox One. The face recognition is amazing, I love it when I go to the living room and it says hi to me.

Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IBM Executive electric typewriter - it was very heavy - It'd have been passed around from the Managing Director's secretary down to the lowest of the low = me in the works office = why 'cos an m took up 3 spaces & and an i one ..... yes had a lift off tape, but I was never a good typist until the 1st computer keyboard came along ie a clatterboard type = I could get a real speed up & much better accuracy on them = now at my flat laptop screen = anyone with 2 fingers can key in now (I used to call it boj typing).....

@Anonymous'then Mr Munro, the Works Director, my boss, showed me his Texas Instruments hand held battery powered calculator, cost around £75 then in @ 1973 - I guess I would have experienced a WOW moment then ..... Cat Happy

I learned to type on a manual typewriter at school and I can still remember being over the moon when I got my first office job and had an electric typewriter!  I can remember typing warrants using carbon paper and having to start again if I made a mistake as the copies wouldn't be right!

Message 17 of 23

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Fond memories of Windows 3.1 - Esp the installation process Crazy

So many floppies Destroy

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 23

MI5
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
32 of them IIRC slight_smile
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember using those hard type rubbers & making holes in the paper when making frequent errors in using carbon sheets & then on carbonated paper = oh the joy when 1st used a computer in about 1994!
Message 20 of 23