Did you mean: 

Trump is President......

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

Just watched the inauguration - It's now official, watch out wink

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/20/510629447/watch-live-president-trumps-inauguration-ceremony

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 147
146 REPLIES 146

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

As expected. If you don't agree with Trump he will sack you. That's it ..no question. Sally Yates, acting attorney general challenged his executive order about immigration.  Trump saw this as 'an act of betrayal' and immediately dismissed her  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38805944

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 101 of 147

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I love Sally Yates for her stand against the idiot in the White House. Her loyalty to justice and not the White House was correct but, of course, Trump saw it as defiance against him. With no true understanding of the law and no political understanding at all his actions were no surprise but inevitable. Trump doesn't want democracy but a dictatorship where everyone adheres to his rules right or wrong.

It's becoming a truly frightening world in America and the fools who voted for him and continue to support him cannot see it.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 102 of 147

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 103 of 147

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

And of course Sally Yates was an Obama appointment I understand...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 104 of 147

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes she was so that automatically made her a target.

Message 105 of 147

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

For sure and can now add another yes man or family member to the already sycophant morons he has surrounded himself with.

Message 106 of 147

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well he's not a complete idiot. He can't risk appointing anyone who might disagree with him. He only wants people who when he says jump they ask how high.

How he's going to handle Congress - Democrats and some Republicans think he's dangerous and going down the wrong path - should be interesting. He can't sack them fortunately.

What really makes me sick is that 53% of Americans agree with his stance on immigration. Just what planet are they on that they can't see his Executive Order will only create more terrorists and make the world even more unsafe than it already is.

Message 107 of 147

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

There are so many people marching in protest in various countries. I wonder if any of those marching in the US voted for him....or those in the UK who voted for Brexit... purely based on immigration policies?

It is something that I have thought about a lot.

Also this furore about a State visit. The Queen has entertained many controversial figures.

Mugabe, Putin, President Xi, Emperor Hirohito to name but a few. ..

Not showing any political bias here...but I am just saying.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 108 of 147

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Good questions @Cleoriff.

I would expect that those marching and protesting in the US didn't vote for Trump. After all Hilary Clinton won on the popular vote. Trump got in because he had more Electoral College votes than Hilary Clinton.

Here in the UK I've no idea but would like to think that those protesting voted Remain not Brexit on immigration grounds as that would be really hypocritical.

I definitely agree with you on the State Visit. I abhor Trump but having invited the man we shouldn't stoop to his level by now taking it back.The Queen has indeed entertained many controversial figures so what's one more.

What should be interesting is what they do about any protestors when he arrives.

Message 109 of 147

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
To be brutally fair, Hillary Clinton was hardly going to be a popular choice worldwide either.
The democratic stance towards Russia was becoming increasingly tense under Obamas last few months, how much more prodding by Democrats would Putin really take?
And let's not fully forget the Nobel peace prize winners greatest achievements sticking his nose in the middle east. The last few years in these countries have been literally Hell on earth.
Trump is doing what he promised, and it is negative in our eyes and not progressive in the slightest, but I can think of a lot worse events in the last decade that deserved a LOT more attention and mass protesting than a 90 day restriction on travel.
In Coventry they had a protest the other night at this travel ban, I think around 40-50 people were there, of them, 2 looked like they could possibly be Muslim, the rest were your normal day to day rent an activist who I do honestly believe protest just for the sake of protesting. My friend is an "activist" there is a type, his friends list is proof of this. however I also expect the pathetic numbers in Coventry may have been due to the type of person organising such a protest in support of Muslims travelling to the United States, the person was clearly a bit thick, arranging for the meeting point to be the Lady Godiva statue, a statue famous for having a naked bird on a horse, something that someone forgot to tell this lefty organiser that the Islamic faith really does not like.
But I never saw this kind of effort when the girls went missing in Africa, or when Aleppo was turned into a post apocalyptic graveyard, I never saw the #womensmarch turn out in their MILLIONS when we see every day that human trafficking is at an all time high, or that the western culture of over encouraging, over embracing and having too much pride in who you are, has led to the fact that 13 year old girls compete in social standings as to who is more sexually appealing to their peers, we judge the world through rose tinted glasses.
Donald Trump shocked the world when he was elected, but we all knew these promises were made to the American people that elected him, and in 4 years time someone else can probably make some more promises and get him out of power, and hopefully they have a better grip on things, and appease the protest lobby enough to not have mass worldwide hysteria when they actually do something stupid and keep their promises.
And..rant over, not a popular rant I'm sure but still, a rant none the less.
I'll leave this right here tho. It's "this is not who we are" Hillary Clintons husband, getting a standing ovation at the state of union address talking about toughening up borders and immigration.

https://youtu.be/Y7AXizmhgi0

Message 110 of 147