cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today I woke up feeling ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I woke up feeling ... so hungry! And I arrived at the office and my colleagues have bought a lot of croissants!

What about you guys? How did you wake up this morning?

Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I woke up this lunchtime to blazing sunshine and 33° wondering if it will really be snowing in Manchester when I get home Sunday....I will find that really offensive and disrespectful to me!

Well @jonsie  you best get ready to deploy your time warp shield. Manchester airport was covered in snow yesterday...flights are delayed and the snow plows are working overtime. All so they can welcome you home my good man  Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 111

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I woke up this lunchtime to blazing sunshine and 33° wondering if it will really be snowing in Manchester when I get home Sunday....I will find that really offensive and disrespectful to me!

Well @jonsie  you best get ready to deploy your time warp shield. Manchester airport was covered in snow yesterday...flights are delayed and the snow plows are working overtime. All so they can welcome you home my good man  Bouncy

...so that's OK then 😊

Message 62 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

People get offended because they know are wrong and are too proud to admit it or previous lessons in life have taught them to react accordingly a situation whether they believe it to be or not.

With that in mind, people who **bleep** off Scots and Haggis offend me. It's hard work catching the wee blighters. 

Wetherspoons have a Burns Night promotion to celebrate Scots & Haggis ..... I'm very tempted togo as I've never tasted the food, is it a sort of stuffing?

As regards Scotland, I have many memories of family holidays there inclucing Lossiemouth near Inverness, Kirkudbrightshire - the special very north of the country where yes I did go to John o Groats - the Kyles of Bute & the Trossachs to name a few, not to mention the mightyiness of Glencoe with the piper playingthere Cat

are we on the right thread here anticpated - I didn't know you were Scottish - do you have your own tartan

I live in Skipton, known as the Gateway to the Dales, but I'm originally from coal mining country ie Castleford West Yorkshire

what kind of accent do you have ..... I still retain my broad Yorkshire accent though I've lived in Skipton, North Yorkshire for over 21 years ..... I would love to do the Charles Rennie McIntosh thing in Glasgow, but I do find the Glasweigan accent hard to understand sometimes slight_smile

you should  be proud of your roots, I am :womanvery-happy:

Message 63 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

today I woke up feeling the warmth of the sun upon my face ..... = ..... no cold nose as anticipated yesterday evening - either my nose or my cat Marty's lolz

the hills surrounding Skipton look lovely, as if they have been dusted in icing sugar

not to tempt fate utd we have only had 2" of snow last Wednesday night

my son in Leeds has had it bad

saw a vidoe clip of the M62 between Leeds & Huddersfield & it was logjam

thinking of you @jonsie ..... I know you are a seasoned traveller of the world, but all the best for a good journey back to your Lancashire home 

Message 64 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WHAT???? You mean I didn't offend ANYONE in this thread. Stuff it, wasn't trying hard enough clearly

Thinking

My dear sir,  I have been offended by experts!  You really have some way to go to in that particular art which I have a feeling does not come naturally to you by any means! Hero 

You mean that I still haven't succeeded in offending? I really must try harder. ...... who can I offend today. .....

Thinking

I know just the person lol

Message 65 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You mean that I still haven't succeeded in offending? I really must try harder. ...... who can I offend today. .....

Thinking

I know just the person lol

I have discovered that if I activate my secret offence-defence strategy before signing in to O2 Community my skin becomes as impenetrably thick as my skull.  Whistle

Message 66 of 111

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

If I told you what was in Haggis, you wouldn't eat it. And that's the awful truth.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 67 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@anticpated.....

Haggis, a national dish of Scotland. A haggis is actually a large spherical sausage made of the liver, heart, and lungs of a sheep, all chopped and mixed with beef or mutton suet and oatmeal and seasoned with onion, cayenne pepper, and other spices. The mixture is packed into a sheep's stomach and boiled.

Yum Yum....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 111

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

My accent is distincty Fife/East Coast.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 69 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many many many years ago when I was in Primary School I had a little metal pencil case. The photo on the front was a fishIng port called Pittenweem, Fife. I have always wanted to visit it but I suppose it is no longer the picturesque place I remember from that photo.
Message 70 of 111