Did you mean: 

The kindness thread

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I noticed people are observing World Kindness Day today. Smiley Happy Being kind is one of the most special things we can do for others. A smile, a kind comment, a kind gesture - even something seemingly small can really make someone's day. It can even spread! And it can be practised every day, not just one day a year. A question you don't need to answer here, but just think about it for a moment. When was the last time you were actively kind to someone, what did you do? Smiley Happy

I thought here on the community it would be nice to have a 'kindness thread'. We have a 'what made me happy today' topic, but in this one, I'd like to see things that you feel would be kind toward others, and perhaps make their day a little bit happier! It's proven that being kind to others also often increases a person's own positive feelings.

I'd love to hear from each of you what kinds of 'acts of kindness' you can think of, that we could all do sometimes? Even small, quick and simple things?

I know some of these are obvious and we feel that everyone should do these things anyway, and every day, but sometimes we just tend to go about our lives, busy, running everywhere and stressed, and not looking properly around us to actively "spot" opportunities for kindness.

I'll start with a few things I thought of:

• helping your neighbour with clearing snow from their car in the morning (the snow season is starting now!)
  • picking up a used newspaper/piece of rubbish from the bus/tube floor during commuting
  • leaving a positive post-it note on someone's desk or car window, with something nice on it
  • Something that made my day recently: a guy told me that the bus stop I was waiting at was actually closed. I hadn't realised, and no-one else who walked past had let me know. It was a small thing to do, but I was so grateful! So, letting someone know the bus stop is closed, or that their backpack is open, etc. 

What would you add to the list guys? hugging

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Just leaving me alone for the first 20 minutes in the morning is an act of kindness. 😁
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kindness? What’s that?
Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I put my neighbours bin out most weeks - it is their first house since leaving home, and they often forget...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes. Some people are very kind @jonsie  tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

kindness exists? 

I hope not!

Message 7 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
In a parallel world somewhere there is a training facility where untrained mavericks of courteous ways can learn to trade satisfying linguistics without unnecessary offence or discomfort. 😉
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:
In a parallel world somewhere there is a training facility where untrained mavericks of courteous ways can learn to trade satisfying linguistics without unnecessary offence or discomfort. 😉

Love it @anticpated smiling

Message 9 of 9