Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Level 46: Trendy

Re: The grumble thread

I would happily swap. But other half has too much recorded and/or set to record.
So stick with them.
Not that you can even look at sky packages at the minute as they have closed their website and installations...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

The next time some old goat says it's only 5c out there.. don't get dressed up for it.. just go as normal tongue winking

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

It didn’t take long, did it?

I started taking some pills to help with my Fibromyalgia & they helped a lot.

Being a good day and in a good mindset I thought it might be a good time to stop taking them, the side effects are crippling me.
Tremors, fever, nocturnal enuresis, shortness of breath to name a few, have been plaguing me ever since.

grumble over

So yesterday afternoon the tiredness, aches and pains kicked in, last night I got very little sleep & today I feel like ******... and that’s only after one day of not taking them.

I can’t quite work out if getting up to change the sheets most nights/morning and getting no sleep is worse than just not sleeping and the pains.

I’ve been talking them for 3 months now and the side effects don’t seem to be subsiding. 3 months is enough of a tester for me.
I can’t get a different prescription as it’s a face to face service and they’re only fielding calls at present. I can wait.. it’s not life or death.
Yes yes I know.. my exercise regime doesn’t help, but it keeps the old noddle from going totally insane. I’d rather be in physical pain than the mental type.

Highlighted
Topics: 121

I'd forgotten about this thread... Here goes:

1. Youtube interface is broken: https://youtu.be/0Hkn-LSh7es
  2. Announcements are not Unanswered queries, don't pin them to the Unanswered section of the Forum homepage.  Screenshot_20200516-103552.jpg
Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Topics: 121

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

It didn’t take long, did it

I’d rather be in physical pain than the mental type.

Cathartic, though. 👍

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Topics: 738

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous 

I'm not your doctor (or nurse) but what I can say with confidence, is that no medication should be stopped immediately (unless it's having an adverse affect on your health.

You should wean yourself off, ie drop to 2 a day for a week or so and if ok on that dose, try dropping to one etc.

You are effectively going 'cold turkey' due to withdrawal of medication.

If I were you, I would try them again, even two a day and see if it stops the side effects you are now suffering.

Just my suggestion of course. wink

I would also ring the GP and ask for a callback to discuss the problems.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It didn’t take long, did it

I’d rather be in physical pain than the mental type.

Cathartic, though. 👍

Very.

You're my new Sage @pgn 

Highlighted
Topics: 573

I would echo the advice given by @Cleoriff 

I had to go cold turkey when living in Thailand. The doctor here would only give me 3 months supply and a letter to give a doctor over there

Except there is no such thing as going to the doctors, there are no health centres as such.

I had to go to a hospital to see a doctor and rather than queue up for hours I stopped all my meds

The resulting sweats at night, lack of sleep leading back to depression and feeling ****.

Much better to wean yourself off slowly as I found to my cost.

Highlighted
Anonymous

You're probably both right & to be fair it does say that on the tin but I just want rid of them. Fingers crossed the withdrawals won't be as bad as the side effect.

Highlighted
Topics: 573