Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The grumble thread

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sometimes it can help to just scream it out what's [Removed] you off....

I'll start...

As my "company" (aid relief, but behaving like a company) changed so many things.... Our teamleader was thrown out, is a normal co-worker now... The shiftplans are "planed" centrally now (I can't even say it's planned, that would imply it has a structure, but it's just like throwing [Removed] on a paper). The shiftplan is.... just no. We work our asses off, have plushours galore and the other watch has minushours. So they have freetime enough and we thought about putting containers on the watch to live there, because we don't know why we pay rent for our flats - we're hardly ever there!... And the best shifts are always given to the temporary workers who already have a very good job, so they get the extra amount on money instead of us....

Next week I can finally take my annual leave from LAST year (by law you have to take it by 31th march by exception... I got it excepted even longer. I'm so ready for a holiday!

sleeping

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 410
409 REPLIES 409

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would happily swap. But other half has too much recorded and/or set to record.
So stick with them.
Not that you can even look at sky packages at the minute as they have closed their website and installations...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 361 of 410

Anonymous
Not applicable

The next time some old goat says it's only 5c out there.. don't get dressed up for it.. just go as normal tongue_winking

Message 362 of 410

Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn’t take long, did it?

I started taking some pills to help with my Fibromyalgia & they helped a lot.

Being a good day and in a good mindset I thought it might be a good time to stop taking them, the side effects are crippling me.
Tremors, fever, nocturnal enuresis, shortness of breath to name a few, have been plaguing me ever since.

grumble over

So yesterday afternoon the tiredness, aches and pains kicked in, last night I got very little sleep & today I feel like ******... and that’s only after one day of not taking them.

I can’t quite work out if getting up to change the sheets most nights/morning and getting no sleep is worse than just not sleeping and the pains.

I’ve been talking them for 3 months now and the side effects don’t seem to be subsiding. 3 months is enough of a tester for me.
I can’t get a different prescription as it’s a face to face service and they’re only fielding calls at present. I can wait.. it’s not life or death.
Yes yes I know.. my exercise regime doesn’t help, but it keeps the old noddle from going totally insane. I’d rather be in physical pain than the mental type.

Message 363 of 410

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I'd forgotten about this thread... Here goes:

1. Youtube interface is broken: https://youtu.be/0Hkn-LSh7es
  2. Announcements are not Unanswered queries, don't pin them to the Unanswered section of the Forum homepage.  Screenshot_20200516-103552.jpg
Message 364 of 410

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It didn’t take long, did it

I’d rather be in physical pain than the mental type.

Cathartic, though. 👍

Message 365 of 410

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I'm not your doctor (or nurse) but what I can say with confidence, is that no medication should be stopped immediately (unless it's having an adverse affect on your health.

You should wean yourself off, ie drop to 2 a day for a week or so and if ok on that dose, try dropping to one etc.

You are effectively going 'cold turkey' due to withdrawal of medication.

If I were you, I would try them again, even two a day and see if it stops the side effects you are now suffering.

Just my suggestion of course. wink

I would also ring the GP and ask for a callback to discuss the problems.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 366 of 410

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It didn’t take long, did it

I’d rather be in physical pain than the mental type.

Cathartic, though. 👍

Very.

You're my new Sage @pgn 

Message 367 of 410

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would echo the advice given by @Cleoriff 

I had to go cold turkey when living in Thailand. The doctor here would only give me 3 months supply and a letter to give a doctor over there

Except there is no such thing as going to the doctors, there are no health centres as such.

I had to go to a hospital to see a doctor and rather than queue up for hours I stopped all my meds

The resulting sweats at night, lack of sleep leading back to depression and feeling ****.

Much better to wean yourself off slowly as I found to my cost.

Message 368 of 410

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're probably both right & to be fair it does say that on the tin but I just want rid of them. Fingers crossed the withdrawals won't be as bad as the side effect.

Message 369 of 410

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions