Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The grumble thread

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sometimes it can help to just scream it out what's [Removed] you off....

I'll start...

As my "company" (aid relief, but behaving like a company) changed so many things.... Our teamleader was thrown out, is a normal co-worker now... The shiftplans are "planed" centrally now (I can't even say it's planned, that would imply it has a structure, but it's just like throwing [Removed] on a paper). The shiftplan is.... just no. We work our asses off, have plushours galore and the other watch has minushours. So they have freetime enough and we thought about putting containers on the watch to live there, because we don't know why we pay rent for our flats - we're hardly ever there!... And the best shifts are always given to the temporary workers who already have a very good job, so they get the extra amount on money instead of us....

Next week I can finally take my annual leave from LAST year (by law you have to take it by 31th march by exception... I got it excepted even longer. I'm so ready for a holiday!

sleeping

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 410
409 REPLIES 409

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff

I would've wished he wouldn't have had to experience the loss of his daughter... Sad he did 😕

I feel bad I can't mourn him as I still mourn for mum... 

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 201 of 410

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

Today my grandpa died (the father of my mum)... 

A nice, always helpful man who was like a human encyclopedia found his peace after a short fight. It's weird losing two people so close to each other. 

So very sorry to hear your news @ComaChameleon. How very horrible for you to lose your grandad so soon after your mum. You have my deepest sympathy.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 202 of 410

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

Today my grandpa died (the father of my mum)... 

A nice, always helpful man who was like a human encyclopedia found his peace after a short fight. It's weird losing two people so close to each other. 

Condolences, @ComaChameleon. Bad news, on top of recent events. Let's hope that is an end to it for a while. Hug

Message 203 of 410

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12117 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions
Shocking news @ComaChameleon.
Thoughts are with you and your family in what was already a bad time.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 204 of 410

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1 @pgn @gmarkj

Thank you. 

I hope too it's the end of the bad luck now.. 

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 205 of 410

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Not a happy bunny. I was given incorrect information when I rang customer services a week or so ago. Just rang to pre-ordee the S10+, to be told I can't upgrade till after 14th April when my last payment is made on my present phone.

So I have to wait until April, which I know isn't that far off BUT I'm annoyed that I felt a fool on the phone today asking to upgrade early. I do know when the last payment on my phone is, after all. Grrr......

Message 206 of 410

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Not a happy bunny. I was given incorrect information when I rang customer services a week or so ago. Just rang to pre-ordee the S10+, to be told I can't upgrade till after 14th April when my last payment is made on my present phone.

So I have to wait until April, which I know isn't that far off BUT I'm annoyed that I felt a fool on the phone today asking to upgrade early. I do know when the last payment on my phone is, after all. Grrr......

Is that a Business rule @Glory1? I'm sure you would have been able to upgrade now, had you been on a personal contract?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 207 of 410

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

Is that a Business rule @Glory1? I'm sure you would have been able to upgrade now, had you been on a personal contract?

Well, I upgraded early to get my present phone, so not a Business contract rule. Maybe I was lucky last time and they've changed the rules I don't know. But it's very annoying to get all keyed up to pre-order the Galaxy S10+ and now have to wait till April.

Also with no live stock ordering system no guarantee if I'll receive it when they say. At least pre-ordering it I knew I'd get it on 8th March!

Message 208 of 410

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I've had a look at my finances and realise I can actually afford to pay off the 2 months remaining on my device plan on 28th February when one of my pensions is paid.

Yes, I know I'm impatient to get the S10+! But there is a practical note to my wanting to pre-order ratther than wait till April when my contract is up, and that's the lack of a live stock ordering system, together with a special promotion that finishes on 27th March.

If I pre-order the phone, even on the 28th February, I stand a good chance of getting it around the 8th March. Ordering it in April means whatever O2 say the phone could be out of stock and they'd not have a clue.

The promotion is 50gb for the price of 25gb or 100gb for the price of 50gb. If I go for the latter, huge I know, it's only going to cost me £4 +VAT more per month than I'm paying now on my airtime. As my device plan payment and my airtime are taken at different times in the month, it won't be quite as painful as all coming out as one payment as those of you on a consumer contract. Oh and no upfront cost either. All reasons why I remain on a Business contract.

So, I'm going for the S10+ on the 28th February; happier now joy

Message 209 of 410

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:

Well I've had a look at my finances and realise I can actually afford to pay off the 2 months remaining on my device plan on 28th February when one of my pensions is paid.

Yes, I know I'm impatient to get the S10+! But there is a practical note to my wanting to pre-order ratther than wait till April when my contract is up, and that's the lack of a live stock ordering system, together with a special promotion that finishes on 27th March.

If I pre-order the phone, even on the 28th February, I stand a good chance of getting it around the 8th March. Ordering it in April means whatever O2 say the phone could be out of stock and they'd not have a clue.

The promotion is 50gb for the price of 25gb or 100gb for the price of 50gb. If I go for the latter, huge I know, it's only going to cost me £4 +VAT more per month than I'm paying now on my airtime. As my device plan payment and my airtime are taken at different times in the month, it won't be quite as painful as all coming out as one payment as those of you on a consumer contract. Oh and no upfront cost either. All reasons why I remain on a Business contract.

So, I'm going for the S10+ on the 28th February; happier now joy

I'm happy for you @Glory1 ... what a 'bummer' though to have to go through all that ... I know you're a bit of a Samsung Lady, if I may say that, & I hope it all goes according to plan for you smiling

Message 210 of 410