Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The X-Factor

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So I decided to start watching again now that Louis Walsh is gone, love him though I did, and there are 3 new judges. Interesting we have Mr and Mrs Robbie Williams. Why? Anyway hopefully with Louis gone, we'll no longer see the weird and wonderful acts he put through which were truly dreadful. Honey G anyone!

So who's watching and what do you think of the acts put through so far? A couple were amazing, I thought.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sorry to say I didn't see much of it. Got caught up with a long phone call.

I realise why we didn't see many groups in the auditions. Apart from one or two they seemed to be made up from individuals who have been put together.

I shall look forward to judges houses (though I see David Walliams is one of the guest judges!!)

What's that all about?

No worries @Cleoriff. You had a decent excuse at least. I mean how could I forget to watch my recording of X-Factor when I set up the thread?!! Clearly the memory's starting to go at 73 joyrofl

The body went ages ago LOL

Message 81 of 264

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I don't think there will be a wild card this year if everyone is having 4 contestants?

Who knows though? Simon is trying hard to change the format....I'm sure he has a few more tricks up his sleeve wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 264

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I actually thought all the girls did well. What an experience, imagine the nerves already for what they thought would be a 'normal' audition in the fantastic Malibu Beach home and then to be met with that galaxy of people listening. The first girl must have been terrified! Those sitting waiting probably trembling inside. It must have been a real struggle to decide between them and spare a thought for the poor lass unable to get a visa and missing that experience.

I think the standard of all the four groups has gone up this year so I'm going to look forward to the X-Factor finals now.

Message 83 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I agree @jonsie and am glad I chose this season to come back to it. 

It's interesting about Maria's visa troubles, I'm sure she's not the first Filippina contestant to have visa problems entering the US. As @Cleoriff said her not being there in the flesh put her at a disadvantage. Shame as she had a good singing voice. 

One of the girls chosen, can't remember her name, did say she had problems with pressure. My first thought was why did you enter one of the most pressurized contests then. Be interesting to see how she gets on and deals with the pressure she's bound to be under.. 

Message 84 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Tonight we saw Robbie and the groups. He was joined by David Walliams!!

Weird category this one. Three of the 6 acts were put together during auditions.

However the final 4 are...

LMA Choir (bit risky)

A Star (the two girls who sing and rap) They got the Golden X in auditions

Vibe 5 (A boy band who were put together)

Misunderstood. The two lads who have been together 8 years.

The two who didn't get through were Panda and Burgundy and Sweet Sense (the girl group who have been together for 3 weeks)

We then went to Louis and the boys.

His guest judges were Nile Rodgers and Liam Payne

We only saw 5 acts though. His Golden X contestant, Brendan Murray won't be singing till tomorrow.

My favourite of those who sang tonight was the first contestant Anthony Russell

So it's wait and see now...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 85 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I was surprised the LMA Choir got through. But then I never thought they'd get to judges' houses. It's not that I don't like them because I do; I think they're brilliant but I see them more in the spiritual market and, therefore, not really X-Factor material but who knows, clearly I don't Dance

A Star got through but I expected them to. Two young girls who sing and rap, and are young enough for the teeny bopper and the teen market. Not to mention they're good. Vibe 5 and Misunderstood: I quite like both.

Though I'm so sorry Panda and Burgundy didn't get through. I can see why though but it's a shame. Sweet Sense were good but not great and it was pretty clear from the off, Robbie was not keen on them; nor was I if honest.

Louis has a tough decision, already and we haven't heard the sixth performer yet.  

My favourite was also Anthony Russell and I hope he gets through, whoever else of the 6 go through.

I have a feeling that the chap back for a second bite of the cherry will get through. He hasn't got the greatest voice and his voice was a bit pitchy tonight. But Louis clearly has a soft spot for him so we will see what happens tomorrow. Should prove interesting.

Message 86 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The 2nd chance guy was called Andy? He hit a wrong note and was gutted.

I think the comments, particularly from Nile Rodgers were very supportive.

I have a feeling he will get through as Louis 'picked him up' when he went off the rails last time. I doubt he would risk that happening again.

As for Panda and Burgundy, I just didn't think they performed that well tonight. They have been much better.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 87 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The 2nd chance guy was called Andy? He hit a wrong note and was gutted.

I think the comments, particularly from Nile Rodgers were very supportive.

I have a feeling he will get through as Louis 'picked him up' when he went off the rails last time. I doubt he would risk that happening again.

As for Panda and Burgundy, I just didn't think they performed that well tonight. They have been much better.

Yes, and I heard it too. But you are quite right @Cleoriff Louis picked him up the last time he fell, and if he doesn't get through I can see him going down the rabbit hole again and, maybe this time, not coming back out.

And I agree Panda and Burgundy were far from at their best. Plus I'm not sure what Robbie would do with them to be honest. Still I loved their energy.

I truly don't know which is worse though, being turned down for live shows, or getting through to live shows but the public not voting for you. Personally I'd say the latter.

Message 88 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm just looking forward to tomorrow night when Ayda has Leona Lewis and Adam Lambert as her co judges.

I like Adam Lambert. Queen did well picking him to front the band. He isn't Freddie, there could be only one.....but Adam does a damn fine job as a 'replacement'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I'm just looking forward to tomorrow night when Ayda has Leona Lewis and Adam Lambert as her co judges.

I like Adam Lambert. Queen did well picking him to front the band. He isn't Freddie, there could be only one.....but Adam does a damn fine job as a 'replacement'

I've been a fan of Adam Lambert since I first saw him as a contestant on American Idol. I was gutted he didn't win, as I thought he was far better then the boring tw4t who did win.

And I agree @Cleoriff he's not Freddy but definitely not a bad stand-in Happy Dance

Message 90 of 264