Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The X-Factor

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So I decided to start watching again now that Louis Walsh is gone, love him though I did, and there are 3 new judges. Interesting we have Mr and Mrs Robbie Williams. Why? Anyway hopefully with Louis gone, we'll no longer see the weird and wonderful acts he put through which were truly dreadful. Honey G anyone!

So who's watching and what do you think of the acts put through so far? A couple were amazing, I thought.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I think the humorous acts were a Louis Walsh speciality.

Thank God he's gone. It used to annoy me that these pathetic twerps knocked out good singers week after week. Honey G, Wagner, Jedward to name but a few.

Though we haven't seen the last of the auditions yet. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well have watched this evening's X-Factor, and overall a very good show.

The first act said she made a living out of singing. Well, clearly there are a lot of tone deaf people out there because she was awful. Out of tune and voice like sandpaper. Still if she makes a living at it good luck to her.

The chap with the beard in the dress, seriously! I could put up with the dress and the beard if he had an exceptional voice. He didn't to my ears, simply unique and not necessarily in a good way.

The mum with the two young sons, loved her voice. In fact, loved all the singers, apart from the first act and guitar girl. Clearly I heard something different to the judges as I thought she had a very weak voice and totally trashed YMCA.

Panda didn't blow me away and for Simon to say that was the best rendition of the song; what about Aretha Franklin I have to ask!?

Also enjoyed the lady who sang A Change Gonna Come, good voice even if she did change some of the words, her singing was heartfelt.

The last artist brought tears to my eyes, but then I'm an emotional old fool. I thought about my late mum, and then Robbie's wife broke down talking about the sudden death of her dad, Louis nearly in tears and I was off.

Have to mention the chap who sang Nessan Dorma (apologies for spelling) he was absolutely amazing. As was the 15 year old from Malta. Great show with some fantastic singers.

Message 52 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just caught up with X Factor. Probably the best show tonight in terms of potential talent.

Except the first woman whose name I forget, trying to do a version of Being Human and was pathetic.

When Robbie told her she couldn't sing, she replied 'she did it for a living'

Cesar from Romania did a very unusual verson of Nessun Dorma which I quite enjoyed.

Then Louise a 30 year old cleaner who sang a song she wrote herself and was excellent. As was Claire with the purple hair.

Panda from the US belted out an Aretha Franklin song..... she did very well..

Gingzilla an Australian drag artist was stupid. Had a good voice but completely ruined the effect singing in a dress, whilst wearing 5in stilletos. Completed the look with a ginger wig and beard FGS...

J Sol wrote a song in memory of his Nan...he was fine

Having said all that, there were a lot of sob back stories and it was too much tonight.

Considering they are nearly ready to pick the finalists (I think)...we haven't seen many groups at all..

On that note and completely square eyed I am off to bed. Good night all sleeping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Glory1

I was composing my post as you were obviously doing yours.

I'm very slow typing joy

Forgot to mention the girl who dragged her cats about with her, in a pushchair. Not sure what the judges saw in her if honest.

If she gets to judges houses will she take them with her then? Silly girl....

Anyway G'Nite lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Crikey, @Cleoriff you are right there have been very few groups. Missed that. I can see the possibility of some being made, like 1D. Particularly thinking of the 15 year old from Malta who Robbie said should start out in a group. Could be interesting.

And I think they are ready to sort the wheat from the chaff @Cleoriff. They are ready to choose those going on to the 2nd phase, boot camp, and those going home. Then they will have the 6 chair challenge and, then, judges houses before the finalists are chosen. Unless they change it all up completely this year.

Message 55 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm a fast typist but then have to go back and correct the typos. So we're about equal @Cleoriff joy

Yes, the girl with the cats in the pushchair was the one I referred to as guitar girl. If she gets to judges houses I will be amazed.

Anyway, nite nite Den.

Message 56 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So it was the final auditions and the big news is there's no boot camp this year, so straight into the 6 chair challenge, once the decision is made who stays and who goes home.

Anyway, I felt the final auditions were the weakest yet apart from the family group of husband, wife, counsin and sister-in-law and the young girl who played the piano.

The chap who was asked to come back as his drag alter ego, sang better the first time I felt. He just shouted the Tina Turner song second time aroind. Really don't understand ehy he was put through and, I believe, going through to the 6 chair challenge.

Same for the dimpled cutie. Adorable to look at but the voice was weak yet he was put through. Don't know if he got through to the 6 chair challenge, hope not.

It wasn't very clear who stayed and who went apart from the few they chose to show. So we'll have to wait till next week to see what's what.

The judges seemed to get the group they wanted. First time I've seen that, though I didn't watch last year. Ayda said from the off she wanted the overs and that's what she got. Simon wanted the overs at first and then the girls, he got the girls. It was clear to me either Louis or Robbie would get the groups in view of their own experience. So Louis got the groups, which is what he wanted and Robbie got the boys.

Next week is the most nerve wracking for the contestants as one minute they're seated and the next they could be gone. I think it is the cruelest part of the show to be honest. But makes it more exciting for those watching. Well not me I just think it's plain cruel.

Still we'll see who's left standing for judges houses after next week. Then judges houses from which the 12 finalists will be picked. And then the live shows.

It will be interesting to see who's left standing.

Message 57 of 264

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 58 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I thought it was the worst show of the series.

It amused me when we saw all those who got through. Where the hell did all those groups come from?

As for the drag act. when did they ever win the X Factor?

Pleased they've done away with boot camp. It was a bit much having that as well as the 6 chair challenge

A bit rushed I thought tonight. Really didn't manage to get a good look at all those who had made it.

Slightly off topic, I watched the final episode of Bodyguard tonight. Well worth the wait. Best thing on TV and I'm sure it will win a few awards. Even better when they showed a trailer for the new series of Line of Duty

Starting next year...Yippee Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I thought it was the worst show of the series.

It amused me when we saw all those who got through. Where the hell did all those groups come from?

As for the drag act. when did they ever win the X Factor?

Pleased they've done away with boot camp. It was a bit much having that as well as the 6 chair challenge

A bit rushed I thought tonight. Really didn't manage to get a good look at all those who had made it.

Slightly off topic, I watched the final episode of Bodyguard tonight. Well worth the wait. Best thing on TV and I'm sure it will win a few awards. Even better when they showed a trailer for the new series of Line of Duty

Starting next year...Yippee Bouncy

Yep wasn't very impressed with the final bunch to be honest. And like you @Cleoriff wasn't happy that it wasn't clear who stayed and who went home. And also wondered where all the groups came from. Thought it was just me and I'd missed something  Clearly there must have been auditions we didn't see. Though I thought we're supposed to see the best auditions out of all those who actually got on stage. But perhaps not.

Hopefully all will be clearer next week.

And don't care if it's off topic, absolutely thrilled to know Line of Duty is back next year. Oh and just watched the final episode of Bodyguard,  AMAZING!! If it doesn't win any awards I'll be very very surprised.

Message 60 of 264