Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The X-Factor

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So I decided to start watching again now that Louis Walsh is gone, love him though I did, and there are 3 new judges. Interesting we have Mr and Mrs Robbie Williams. Why? Anyway hopefully with Louis gone, we'll no longer see the weird and wonderful acts he put through which were truly dreadful. Honey G anyone!

So who's watching and what do you think of the acts put through so far? A couple were amazing, I thought.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It is weird, though I liked what Robbie did (although he now has more contestants than anyone else) joy

Cesar has gone...sad about that.

Now this lad Louis just gave the golden buzzer to, I don't know his name, but he sang like a girl

Anyway off to watch the new series on BBC 1 'The Cry' ...whilst recording Vanity Fair. It's all too much LOL

Yes it's all very strange and like you @Cleoriff I liked what Robbie did keeping two very good singers in the running. But will they make it to judges houses? Your guess is as good as mine Confused

Am recording The Cry and Vanity Fair whilst playing catch up on my recordings, again. I'm worn out, think eating something might be good Happy Dance

Message 71 of 264

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Now this lad Louis just gave the golden buzzer to, I don't know his name, but he sang like a girl

Going off tonight's mediocrity I can't see any of Louis's lot winning. Maybe the lad he gave the golden shower to has alf a chance. Though to be honest, that particular song always gets to me, especially when you listen to the lyrics. Michael Stipe has the most pure of voices.

Message 72 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123388 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

He was called Brendan Murray @jonsie.

I love R.E.M's version of Everybody Hurts, though as I said, if you closed your eyes, this lad sounded like a girl.

You have to be damn good to take on a beautiful classic like that...

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/3191968/x-factor-brendan-murray-judges-houses-2018/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 73 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Right, having now finished watching X-Factor and fed myself, what did I think of the choices made.

It was a mixed bag for me; was happy about some, surprised at others.

Louis' choices were a mixed bag, some good and some just okay. Dalton, for example hasn't got the greatest voice but he can put a song over, has stage presence and takes the audience with him. Prefer him as a bloke though as I'm not really into drag artists, to be honest. Jay was given a seat - why? Still let's see what his 6 do at judges houses.

I wss happy A Star got through to judges houses but surprised they were given the safe seat. I reckon Robbie's view is they're very young and he can mold them into better singers/performers.

A shame The 3 Amigos went home as they have brilliant voices. But I can understand that Robbie would be hard pressed to know what to do with them as it's not his sort of music.

Was really pleased Panda and Burgundy got through as they sing well together and bring such energy you just want to get up and dance.

Love the choir and really pleased they got through. Hope they get through to the live shows.

Didn't get why the Hewitts were given seats in the first place. His voice was far from great, though his wife was very good. But they just didn't do it for me as a duo. Nor the Squirrels who I thought were awful and should have been sent home from the start.

Now it get's interesting as we see who goes through to the live shows and who we'll be voting for, or not, as the case may be. I know who I want to go through to the live shows in all the categories. Will I be happy or disappointed, we'll see. Bring it on.

Message 74 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123388 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Sorry to say I didn't see much of it. Got caught up with a long phone call.

I realise why we didn't see many groups in the auditions. Apart from one or two they seemed to be made up from individuals who have been put together.

I shall look forward to judges houses (though I see David Walliams is one of the guest judges!!)

What's that all about?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 75 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sorry to say I didn't see much of it. Got caught up with a long phone call.

I realise why we didn't see many groups in the auditions. Apart from one or two they seemed to be made up from individuals who have been put together.

I shall look forward to judges houses (though I see David Walliams is one of the guest judges!!)

What's that all about?

Eh, what!? He's a comedian not a singer. X-Factor just gets weirder and weirder Shocked

Message 76 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123388 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Tonight was judges houses and Simon with the girls in Malibu.

What a collection of people he had with him....cowboy

Paula Abdul, Paul Anka, Leona Lewis, Diane Warren to name 4 out of about 25!!

He had 6 girls, although Maria couldn't get a visa so she performed from the UK which was a distinct disadvantage I thought.

In the end he chose Molly, Shan, Scarlet and Bella as his final four.

The only one I disagreed with was Bella. She is the lass who performed rap. I just don't think she stands a chance. (Obviously that's a personal opinion, not sure the public will take to her)

At least the format is different this year. In one show we get to see all of one section perform and we know who has been chosen by the end of that episode.

It does mean it will be another 4 weeks before the live shows start though...rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 77 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I got so caught up with Strictly, Doctor Who and trying to eat as well that I've forgotten to watch my recording of  X-Factor.

Unforgiveable as it's my thread rofl..

I'll watch it now Bang

Message 78 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123388 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I got so caught up with Strictly, Doctor Who and trying to eat as well that I've forgotten to watch my recording of  X-Factor.

Unforgiveable as it's my thread rofl..

I'll watch it now Bang

Yes well I thought I'd better watch avidly..... as I had nothing of interest to say last night joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I've watched tonight's show and agree with everything you've said @Cleoriff.

I would add the following comments.

Apparently there were 50 people there, some of the industry's biggest selling artists/songwriters. I felt for the girls performing in front of that audience. Singing in front of Simon and one other is bad enough but in front of such an audience must be terrifying. Excluding Maria, who wasn't there in the flesh, the 5 other girls did brilliantly even if their hearts were hammering in their chests. I give them all kudos for not letting nerves compromise their performances.

I was worried when Shan said she was doing an original song but she was fantastic. And a singer who can also write her own material should go far, particularly being showcased on X-Factor.

Scarlett not only brought tears to my eyes but to Diane Warren who wrote the song. She's an amazing singer.

You are right @Cleoriff Bella, as a rapper, will probably not go far. She has little self-confidence and, though better than Honey G, it will not help her connect with the audience. Also she's up against some amazing voices in her own category. Never mind who the 3 other judges choose as their finalists. 

I thought it was meant to be 3 girls, is Bella the wild card then? And are all the judges choosing 4 or is it just Simon, cause it's his show?

Finally, I love Scarlet but I wish she'd wear dresses/skirts a bit longer in length, like to the knee. She's a big girl and the very short lengths don't suit her fat legs. Don't mean to be b!tchy but I honestly don't think her short dresses do her any favours fashion-wise. I hope the costumers dress her more in keeping with her size. I know short skirts and dresses seem to be in again. But you really have to have the legs for it. And Scarlet's skirts and dresses only emphasise her weight. 

Roll on next week. I'm also liking the change in format. I think the previous format of choosing who went forward to the live shows was a bit protracted. Hopefully it will be well worth the 4 week wait pray

Message 80 of 264