Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The X-Factor

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So I decided to start watching again now that Louis Walsh is gone, love him though I did, and there are 3 new judges. Interesting we have Mr and Mrs Robbie Williams. Why? Anyway hopefully with Louis gone, we'll no longer see the weird and wonderful acts he put through which were truly dreadful. Honey G anyone!

So who's watching and what do you think of the acts put through so far? A couple were amazing, I thought.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I'm sure you will enjoy it @Glory1

What amazed me was the ages of people in the crowd. Considering the album was released in 1979, many people there weren't even born at that time and they were singing all the words of the songs.

I think that's a true indication of a group who are so good, they are enduring throughout time.

Same with The Who I suspect. Another family favourite. Ours from the 60's when they started. Both sons have been avid followers and now our grandson has said he would love to see them in concert if we go again.

He is 19. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Good rock music is ageless @Cleoriff. The Who, Queen, Pink Floyd, to name just 3, are groups whose music is timeless and speaks to every generation.

Message 22 of 264

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just lost loadsa script ... Smiley Mad

Didn't watch last night's show as enjoying SCD on BBC1 ... & ... not bothered enough to record it

How did Robbie Williams handle himself?

Saw the previous Saturday's show & enjoyed it ... slick presentation ... the contensant singing Angels with Robbie Williams brought a tear to my eye

I remember Pink Floyd performing The Wall live in Germany att The Berlin Wall was taken down, watched in the streets by what were East & West German people who had become German people ... = ... the industrial West combining with the agricultural East for mutual benefit

Also remember Pink Floyd performing The Wall on Top of the Pops

Very interesting @Cleoriff what you say about John Waters personal story 

Yes I agree with you @Glory1 good rock music is ageless ... The Moody Blues (soft rock), The Who, & of course Queen 

Message 23 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Robbie Williams is Robbie Williams, no change there but the lovefest between he and his wife is starting to grate, if honest. I'm happy for them and all that but enough is enough. And they're there to supposedly to judge, they're personal feelings for each other aside. However, they are upstaging Simon and that is very amusing.

I also remember Pink Floyd performing the Wall live in Germany as the Wall came down, iconic and so moving.

Unfortunately, I also remember David Hasselhoff performing at the Wall, but for all the wrong reasons; quite laughable really. Whoever told him he could sing needs their hearing tested.

Message 24 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I watched tonights episode (I will soon be getting square eyes)

I liked three artists.

The lady who sang Respect.

Tre Amicos, a 3 piece, who did a great rendition of Nessun Dorma. Simon tried to split them up asking one of the group to sing on his own.

He refused and the other two then started singing with him and they completed a stunning set.

Scarlett who started badly, sang another song and was good.

Best part for me was when Robbie invited his Dad to take his seat. He did very well proving Robbie is a chip off the old block wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 264

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I just found tonight oh so predictable. All about Simon stamping his mark on it due to the spotlight being on Robbie and the instantly forgettable...forgot her name!...

He does the same tricks every series, splitting up a group of good pals (making jealous enemies of them), stopping artists by holding his hand up, favoured ones being allowed another go, others not given the chance to sing an upbeat song, getting a couple of people who live 200 miles apart to join together and sticking his pathetically small  fan in his face.

Mm, not sure why I watch it in all honesty. Think I'm turning grumpy....(shuddup!!) tongue

It's life Jim but not as we know it......alien

Message 26 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Ah but the twist was, the group refused to be split and were brilliant. He even gave them a standing ovation when they finished.

I haven't seen many groups if honest....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well just finished watching X-Factor. And I'm with @Cleoriff. Loved Burgundy (who sang Respect) , Scarlet and the 3 Amicos. 

The first song Scarlet sang didn't do her voice justice. The 2nd song, from The Greatest Showman and my favourite song from the film, did. She was amazing. The same for Burgundy, who's from my dad's home city of Atlanta. And the 3 Amicos, what voices. And well done to the lad who refused to be split from his friends. It p!ssed Simon off initially but he respected him in the end.

Oh, and I loved Robbie's dad too.

The guitar players, sorry not impressed. And that Greek girl, pretty but not great. Well the body was great, the voice not so much.

Message 28 of 264

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I loved watching the Greek girl and the G-stringish leotard girl who showed the biggest part of her ass. (bottom lover myself but maybe TMI smirk

Strange that because I found Ivo's performance last night to be gruesomely lewd. I wonder what that says about me? Must ask my community nurse on Wednesday, sure she'll have something to say open_mouth

The Three Tenors were amazingly good voices, so up yours Simon!

Robbie's dad living off his son's fame or maybe I'm just jealous that I can't do the same LOL Still, I wouldn't trade my son for Robbie, even for one night in the judges' chairs Grumpy

Watching stuff recorded weeks back now.....

Message 29 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I loved watching the Greek girl and the G-stringish leotard girl who showed the biggest part of her ass. (bottom lover myself but maybe TMI smirk

Strange that because I found Ivo's performance last night to be gruesomely lewd. I wonder what that says about me? Must ask my community nurse on Wednesday, sure she'll have something to say open_mouth

The Three Tenors were amazingly good voices, so up yours Simon!

Robbie's dad living off his son's fame or maybe I'm just jealous that I can't do the same LOL Still, I wouldn't trade my son for Robbie, even for one night in the judges' chairs Grumpy

Watching stuff recorded weeks back now.....

What that says about you @jonsie, is you're a man. Like I said the Greek girl had a great body but not a great voice. So, yes, I can see the attraction but it is supposed to be a singing contest wink

And I'm watching loads of stuff recorded last week. Too many daily recordings are my problem upside_down

Message 30 of 264