Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94029 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

There hasn't been any news stories of big delays on what is renowned as the busiest day of the year for airports.

Message 851 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

There hasn't been any news stories of big delays on what is renowned as the busiest day of the year for airports.

thank you jonsie, much appreciated ..... have a good day slight_smile

Message 852 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 126023 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

No delays at all. Quicker than ever if honest...In my fave bar at mo...drinking water!!

Just had a weather warning posted temp expected to be 43c middle of the week ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 853 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phew !

Those pools will come in handy then

wink
Message 854 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 94029 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Wow too hot even for me, I like a nice 30-32 degrees in Thailand with the occasional hotter spell. Sounds like the pool will come in very handy!Astounded

Message 855 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 126023 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Wow too hot even for me, I like a nice 30-32 degrees in Thailand with the occasional hotter spell. Sounds like the pool will come in very handy!Astounded

I know...it seems rude to moan about the heat.... when I was bragging yesterday D'oh! but I have only ever had one other experience of heat like this here....

That was 20 years ago..... when I was far more able to cope with it....Evil

Its not just me moaning either. the people who live here are struggling. ...

Oh I wish someone would put me up for that Ice Bucket Challenge LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 856 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 94029 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

We all love the sunny weather but sometimes it does get unbearable. We went to Dubai 5 years ago and the temperature was 47 degrees, far too hot and we spent large parts of the day in the air-conditioned stores just to escape the sun which literally burned the scalp even wearing hats.

Message 857 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonsie you mentioned the heat of Dubai ..... I was there for a year 26 years ago & in their summer, whilst walking from the compound where we lived to the main road to hail a taxi ..... I was wearing Clarks Polyveldt sandals ..... the hot soft sand got between foot & inside of sandal ..... & ..... burned the soles of my feet 

Message 858 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 94029 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Yes I can believe it @Anonymous and it's not somewhere I would go again. I always have a stopover there on the way to Bangkok but thankfully don't have to leave the airport:smileyhappy:

Message 859 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning friends.

A sunny warm start to the day in West Yorkshire slight_smile

Food shopping followed by a nice latte in Costa.
Message 860 of 7,616