Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Recent Facebook Hack

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

A mere 30 million were affected. If you want to know if you were one of them, take a look here:

https://www.facebook.com/help/securitynotice?ref=sec

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to that, I wasn't hacked. However, who would believe them? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

They lied about the "informing why we logged you out". I was and haven't seen a thing pop up. Then again, wny am I suprised at the lack of honest info from Facebook. 

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

'Access Tokens?' Trying to blind us (or me) with clever 'technical' terms tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

According to that, I wasn't hacked. However, who would believe them? Confused

Said the same for me but then what are access tokens? Never heard that term before 

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Access tokens are given to a user(you) for an app(Facebook) to gain access(authenticate) to a platform (Facebook,com)

a user's access token may become invalid at any time. If this happens, prompt the user to re- authorize the application 

And that’s why they signed you out, to make sure only people with the correct credentials could sign back in!

Message 7 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Access tokens are given to a user(you) for an app(Facebook) to gain access(authenticate) to a platform (Facebook,com)

a user's access token may become invalid at any time. If this happens, prompt the user to re- authorize the application 

And that’s why they signed you out, to make sure only people with the correct credentials could sign back in!

Thanks for clearing that one up @Anonymous because it was new to me too. As@Cleoriff would say, 'every day's a school day' on the forum. You learn loads of useful information.

I was signed out of FB on a number of my games that I had logged into FB to save my progress (and coins if at all possible) on as well.

Was my account hacked, could well have been, who knows. Only time will tell. And no matter how careful and/or clever we are in protecting our data, there's always someone out there, just that bit more clever, who will attempt to steal it. However, that doesn't mean we make it easy for the bu66ers tongue_winking

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It probably doesn't work if you don't sign out then. Which I never do. I just close down FB.

When I next access it, I get straight on.

Only time I have to sign in to any site is if I clear cache and cookies.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It probably doesn't work if you don't sign out then. Which I never do. I just close down FB.

When I next access it, I get straight on.

Only time I have to sign in to any site is if I clear cache and cookies.

It isn't a great idea to remain permanently logged in anywhere @Cleoriff, though I admit it does make life a   he££ of a lot easier wink

I never used to sign out either, until a friend far more computer savvy than me suggested I do otherwise sharpish. I sign in everywhere now. 

And I presume your Note 9, like my S8+, allows you to retain logins and passwords in your phone's memory so you don't have to tap it all out every time you DO login!?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 12