Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Queen’s Birthday Honours 2016

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144947 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

Sadly, nothing for me this year, but a quick round up of those that were honoured and a link to the full list of over 1100 people if you're interested.

There are a number of well-known names being honoured in this list including a knighthood for singer and songwriter Rod Stewart; and a knighthood for Simon Robey, Chair of the Royal Opera House and Aldeburgh Music. There are CBEs for cricketer, Alastair Cook; classical pianist, Paul Lewis; and for Alan Shearer for his charitable services. There are OBEs for tennis player Jamie Murray and for Leon Smith, Captain of the Davis Cup Team. Further OBEs go to actor Brian Blessed; actor and broadcaster Adil Ray; and well-known broadcasting duo Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly (Ant and Dec). There is also a CBE for journalist and broadcaster Janet Street-Porter.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-queens-birthday-honours-2016

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 123324 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

A fan of Rod Stewart so I am happy for him. I also like Ant and Dec

However.....one person who should have been honoured is Noel Fitzpatrick  the wonderful Supervet. The fact he has been overlooked again makes me quite sad...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
How on earth can you like Dec ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123324 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
How on earth can you like Dec ?

Each to their own @Beenherebefore I can like folk you dont....but my point was Noel Fitzpatrick SHOULD have been honoured ...End Of...lol LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
He's an alien.....just look at his forehead !!
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff ... I scrolled down the list looking for The Supervet, Professor Noel Fitzpatrick's name ... it wasn't there ... slight_frown

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I have no problems with anyone on the list, all deserved and we'll done to them. My problem is with the omissions, I think I have done this country a great service by leaving it ....

But seriously, whilst I have every album of Rod Stewart until he had a dabble at crooning... (I know he does so much for charity too) but I do have issues with pop stars being given knighthoods when there are much more deserving people who never get so much as a mention. I always loved the Stones but seriously...Sir Mick Jaggar. ..how the he'll did that happen?

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123324 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have no problems with anyone on the list, all deserved and we'll done to them. My problem is with the omissions, I think I have done this country a great service by leaving it ....

But seriously, whilst I have every album of Rod Stewart until he had a dabble at crooning... (I know he does so much for charity too) but I do have issues with pop stars being given knighthoods when there are much more deserving people who never get so much as a mention. I always loved the Stones but seriously...Sir Mick Jaggar. ..how the he'll did that happen?

I agree. Most of the honoured rock stars are paid millions for doing something they profess to love. ...earning the money they do it seems they can actually afford to be charitable. Catch 22 really.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Noel is from the Irish Republic and, as far as I'm aware, could only have an honorary title and couldn't officially refer to himself as 'Sir' (presuming he was knighted).

Not that it makes any difference, he should still be honoured.

Message 9 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great idea for a thread @MI5 slight_smile

Who else would we like to see on the honours list guys? @Cleoriff's is a great suggestion. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 12