Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Easter Egg

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Well, I put this off as long as I could but I daresay it turned out okay considering the lack of forethought involved.

On Easter, my Nana would present us a peanut butter filled chocolate egg with our names piped on. Setting out to create this from my five-year old memory, I assembled my materials: 

PXL_20230409_085020271~2.jpg

I'm quite sure no one was using silicone chocolate forms but we're modernizing. 

These chips set hard so no one was driven insane by tempering chocolate. Five minute job to make the the chocolate egg shell.

The peanut butter filling is clearly put inside for a reason. It's not pretty and I'd definitely recommend maybe looking at a recipe. Mine tastes good but lacks "fluffiness."

Choose randomly your piping tips, and if you're a masochist, don't forget to make your icing too thin so it turns to goo and you have to take it all out and mix it again 🙃

PXL_20230409_093838633~2.jpg

Decorate at will and attempt to avoid eating too many icing drips lest ye get a sugar headache and a green tongue. I did not attempt writing for obvious reasons 🫠

And here I give you: The Egg

PXL_20230409_102639124.jpg

And no, it was not meant to be a wetland egg species but when you add more color to an already mixed icing, it just doesn't like that. A marshy Easter egg fits with the weather today anyway. 

Hope you're all having a nice weekend 🦆

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123213 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Looks lovely @Breanna 

I'm not keen on the peanut butter filling though. Not something I've ever liked.

A beautifully decorated egg!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10782 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

A very pretty chocolate egg @Breanna 

Very professional looking great flowers.

The colours are a really nice blend especially with the blue base. I love peanut butter goes with everything never eaten an easter egg with peanut inside, sounds good. Peanut butter with jam yum.

Very well done 👏 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 4

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

WOW!!! This is an incredible egg @Breanna🥚🍫

You should be so proud of the decorations and I dare say the taste too. It's genuinely amazing, I couldn't believe my eyes... I had to show people I know because it was so good. 👏

Thank you for sharing this Easter Egg with us on O2 Community Easter Event, and once again very well done, it looks fabulous! 🐣🐇😊

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 4 of 4