cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech News ; Dash In-earphones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Meet The Dash smart earphones: Wireless tech that fits in your ears.

"The last year really has been the year of the smartdevices, with everything from smart shoes to wearable fitness trackers popping up. It’s now the turn of the in-ear headphones, with Kickstarter project The Dash offering waterproof in-ear tech with Bluetooth, onboard storage, hands-free calling and even fitness tracking and health monitoring capabilities. The death of not just the iPod, but the music player itself? We take a look.

We’ve seen plenty of wireless headphones before – like the Beats by Dre Studio Wireless headphones, but The Dash takes things to the next level, removing the need to hook up with other devices completely if you don’t want to. These innovative little earbuds get 4GB of their own onboard storage, letting you play back your music without even taking advantage of Bluetooth or other connectivity.

That’s missing the point of The Dash though, as it’s a headset that’s just as capable when connected to your smartphone, with an integrated mic letting you use the earphones as a virtually invisible hands-free kit. You really will look like you’re talking to yourself"

My thoughts :

As a regular commuter I love listening to my tunes from my iPhone or iPod touch so something like this (in-ear phones)with no wires would be awesome. The price may look high but you do get what you pay for comes to mind. Take into account I paid £150 for Monster Turbines which are wired,this price is looking good.

Of course various Cans are available to choose from but I personally don't like them.

Now to think about pledging. wink

Source ; The Gadget Show

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/meet-the-dash-smart-earphones-wireless-tech-t...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'd be wary till they actually produce the finished article and shipped it, then see what the user response is regarding quality.  Being an active pledger on Kickstarter, I've seen a lot of projects fail to meet delivery dates which is sometimes the least of the problems. Not saying its a failure on the project as in most cases, something unexpected pops up so doesn't ship on time. Which then some backers start moaning for no reason and start demanding refunds. Goodness knows what chaos will ensue if the creators end up spending the money without shipping anything (and yes it has happened).

Though if you bear it out and the creators are forthcoming with updates, the end result is quite good. Books especially are a particular favourite of mine along pc games and arduino type electronics. 

In this instance, it is  an ambitious project  and I like the concept so I'd be very surprised it it was delivered within 3 months of expected (reading through the KS page, my experience says you'll need to be patient to get one!). A bit expensive for the first iteration but one area to watch.

Message 2 of 2