Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ: new format

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The THURSDAY QUIZ is having a make-over, to make it fairer and to, hopefully, encourage new players.

Don`t worry. All the existing elements - the trophy for correct answer; credit for additional info; and the * klaxon * for a wrong answer; and, of course, the joy for the funniest answer or comment - have all been retained.

The new format will incorporate some of the elements of the ITV game show Tenable.

What this means is:

Each Thursday Quiz will have a subject, to which there will be numerous correct answers.

Each player will be allowed to submit two answers.

But, as with the word-search, a player cannot give their second answer until at least one other player has given an answer. Correct answers will be awarded trophy

Players cannot give an answer which has already been given, and the former "I agree with ...." will no longer be allowed.

Players can give additional info [to earn credit if correct] but only to their own post, not other players`.

The first new format Thursday Quiz will be posted tomorrow [Wednesday 5 June] at 9pm, when the subject will be British History, and the Thursday Quiz will open and stay open until noon Friday 7 June.

Correct answers, additional info, and * klaxons* will be added up for each player and the results and the winner[s] announced after 1pm on Friday, along with the source used for the Thursday Quiz.

The funniest comment or answer will be awarded the special joy award.

I hope that regular players, and potential new players, will see this as fairer and will join in this week. 

Any comments, feedback, or questions are more than welcome.

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I look forward to this new format @Mi-Amigo  Certainly rings the changes. (I like Tenable type quizzes as well). Yes I think it will work well.

Much better than the other one in my opinion, so well done  thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I look forward to this new format @Mi-Amigo  Certainly rings the changes. (I like Tenable type quizzes as well). Yes I think it will work well.

Much better than the other one in my opinion, so well done  thumbsup

Thank you @Cleoriff . Glad you like the ideas for the new format.

To be honest, I have been a keen watcher of Tenable from when it started and often, when a contestant doesn`t know an answer, yell at the TV, only to find out that my guess was wrong joy so this should be a learning-curve for me and fun for all.  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

The new format will incorporate some of the elements of the ITV game show Tenable.

Means nothing to me or anyone else who has to go out to work, I guess.

I also thought the consensus was NOT to change anything Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5  Info here  http://www.tenableapp.com/

Basically a team of players have to find ten correct answers on a particular subject

Ie... Find the Top 10 F1 drivers who have won a world championship

....Find the top 10 African countries beginning with T.E or N

Just as an example.

This way there is no copying of previous posts. Seems a great idea to me and gives everyone the same chance.

Also Tenable is NOT just shown in the day, it's on in the evening as well

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To pick up on @Cleoriff `s comment about Tenable.

I should have pointed out that, although based on Tenable, there will be more than 10 correct answers, so, as there will no doubt be more than 5 players, each will have an equal chance of giving two answers.

As to changes, the only real difference is dropping the "I agree with..." option.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Re the consensus about not changing related to the issue of NOT sending PM's to Mi-Amigo as far as I understood?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All above my paygrade but I'll wait to see it in action. Not a problem as to me it's fun and I participate in my own little way.

Message 8 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

All above my paygrade but I'll wait to see it in action. Not a problem as to me it's fun and I participate in my own little way.

Thanks @jonsie . And that`s what its about - fun and with the new format, you will have as much chance as everyone of getting a trophy and would add, as you put it "I participate in my own little way" has, on more than occasion, made me burst out laughing, for which I thank you.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I like the new format for the Thursday Quiz @Mi-Amigo, it'll definitely be much fairer for all.

@Cleoriff please ignore my emails, the error page suddenly disappeared and all is back to normal. Don't know what is going on with this forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 15