Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Topics: 532

Switch your UK mobile network with a text message.

As announced 17 months ago, new regulations come into effect from July 1st this year https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/dec/19/switch-uk-mobile-network-text-message-ofcom 

Under the new rules, mobile providers will also be banned from charging for notice periods running after the switch date. This, the regulator said, would put an end to people paying for old and new services at the same time, saving UK mobile customers about £10m a year.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547

Re: Switch your UK mobile network with a text message.

Yes I read about this when it was announced asll those months ago. It should be that easy.

Topics: 686

Let's hope it happens then....

*The Game Is On*

Level 9: Fired up

[ Edited ]

At least it might stop a certain provider (who shall remain nameless) from putting people through ordeals of two to three hours to get their PAC.

While it was quite a few years back I did actually watch two of my colleagues spend their lunchbreaks and an hour or two after desparately trying to negotiate for their PACs.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)

Yes, they can be very persthreevive Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

... persthreevive...? Thinking

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Level 9: Fired up

I'm saying nothing more.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

I'm curious what network was it that didn't give pac and first I hear about this

There’s a clue in my reply Smiley Wink

Currently using:
Topics: 686

@MI5 wrote:
There’s a clue in my reply Smiley Wink

Errr was it Three? zipper mouth

*The Game Is On*