Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Reflections

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

As our Summer Event and the season itself dials down for the year, I thought it would be a good idea to give ourselves some credit for the things we did over the last few months.

I am a person who will always tell you I did "nothing" even if I was constantly busy with things. So what's something you did this summer? Maybe you ate some really good food? Did you finally sit down and read that book on your TBR pile? Did something unexpected happen? Something you're proud of or something you're going to miss til next year?

These are my summer highlights:

1. I made Tonkotsu ramen and handmade noodles 🍜 
  2. My cat got stuck on the roof of our house 🙄 
  3. Going to miss hanging my washing outside 🍃

I think my favourite topic of this month was @RunrigForever's The Beach ‌🏖. Great photos and good memories shared by many of us there!

I'm looking forward to the Summer edition of the White Room Quiz by @Mi-Amigo, but please, go easy on us!

So what did you do this summer? Any favourite posts from ‌‌🌞 A month full of Summer on the O2 Community ‌🌞

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126096 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Breanna 

Firstly, thanks to everyone who devised content for the Summer Activities. It was quite brilliant, The way it started with Songs for Summer was just right.

No secret that I love quizzes, including Word Unscrambles, @J9el's Find the Lyric and something different with @Comben's Riddles (1st time seen on the community)

WRQ's (and looking forward to the last one, the Summer Edition.)

Actually loved @RunrigForever's The Beach. So many memories.

The Surprise was just that and great fun.

@TallTrees's Garden Tales and quizzes were lovely. My garden is no where near the size but I love it nonetheless. It's a container garden.

In fact I can't pick a favourite activity, I enjoyed them all.

Things I did this summer...

1) A friend has an allotment and gave me Apples, Rhubard and Pears. I had a few days making crumbles and tarts and freezing them. I haven't done that for years.

2) I read many books, sitting outside on a new bench

3 My cat had a fight with another one and lost 😂

Thanks to everyone for the summer activities. Great fun. ❤️

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25621 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was great to have so many activities in the Summer on the Community.

I loved the Word Unscramble [one the toughest we`ve had in my opinion]; @J9el `s Finish the Lyrics game; and @Comben `s Riddles Quiz [a first on the Community and hopefully not the last]; and @TallTrees Garden themed quizzes, which showed how little I know about plants 😁 ; and also her Garden tales.

My grateful thanks to everyone who contributed to the Songs which make you think of summer thread and also those who voted in the Best Summer Song.

There was something for everyone and hope everyone viewing enjoyed the activities. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 10

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Totally agree there was something for everyone @Mi-Amigo. Definitely a good way to get my time here started as well.

It sounds like you had a great Summer season @Cleoriff. Jealous about those crumbles and tarts. A Summer that will live in infamy for your cat. Every time mine loses a fight, I tell him it's a reminder that he is not, in fact, the centre of the universe.

Message 4 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38524 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

So many activities, all making every day a Summery one on the Forum - thanks for all the effort put in by every one of the contributors, it has been most enjoyable!

Message 5 of 10

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Excellent way to end the summer event Breanna. Thank you so much to all those that contributed, I have loved all of the activities and joined in where possible. I’m also happy to say I hosted my first ever event which seemed to go down well too.

It’s also worth mentioning it’s been a very hot summer this year and with airports overflowing there have been disruptions on leaving the country as well which may have affected many peoples summers. However I hope everyone was still able to enjoy it in some way.

My top 3 summer ‘things I did’:

1.Moved Counties with my partner.

2. Reached out to an old friend to reconnect

3. Ran the Riddle Quiz on these community pages.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 6 of 10

RunrigForever
  • 2885 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have loved this Summer's month of seasonal activity on the community.

Pleased my thoughts on the beach was enjoyed by people.

1. My cat has endured the builders in the house better than I thought.

2. Made an important decision about moving on in my life regarding to a place I routinely visit.

3. Bought and had a friend assemble a high powered table fan.

Maybe we will have an Indian Summer in September.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 7 of 10

BobM
Level 27: Desk Jockey
  • 4949 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agree with all that's been said and I echo my thanks to all who arranged, devised and contributed to making this a success.  I was happy I was able to participate in most things and have to admit I enjoyed it all.

Well done everyone.  👍

Message 8 of 10

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11247 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi @Breanna 

This Summer on O2 was great and I can add my thanks to everyone for the fun.

Everyone that joined in too : Thanks

Summer for me is very busy.  I love Summer 🤔

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 10

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Really enjoyed reading everyone's responses here. We were all very busy 🐝🐝🐝

Now to just hold onto those Summer days for a few more weeks...

Message 10 of 10