Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer BBQ Menu

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

I'll start off with a change from the usual burgers and sausages and introduce some tasty mains and sides, but of course the first step is to light your charcoal BBQ at least an hour before you want to start cooking.

Arrange the coals in a stack in the centre of the BBQ pit.

Place kindling around the base and a firelighter to get it started.

Once the coals have caught, you can spread them out and leave them to turn to ash - this is the time to start cooking.

I also like to add some mesquite wood chips for added flavour.

MESQUITE WOOD CHIPS FOR SMOKING WEBER por 6.99 Euros

If you need to top up the coals, add them around the edge and allow them to burn down before introducing them to the main fire pit.

Perfect for cooking on:

Barbecue coals lit up

Main dishes:

Prawn and Shrimp skewers.

Salmon marinated with chili and lime.

Cowboy Caviar, you must try this. Link to recipe on web https://www.easyanddelish.com/texas-caviar-recipe/

and finally a nice peachslaw....

Start with the usual coleslaw receipe and add bell peppers, fresh mint, chopped nuts and peach chunks

Thornehedge Peach Slaw

What are your favourite BBQ recipes?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I got hungry reading this the first time and I am getting hungry again now @MI5 grin I really, really want to try that peach/coleslaw. Thanks for sharing these tips 😊

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 123129 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Looks absolutely gorgeous @MI5. Particularly like the salmon marinated with chili and lime. I presume this is prepared then wrapped in foil before  cooking. How long does it take?

Love skewers, (unless people put peppers on) I like peppers but they don't like me.

One more question. Have you got one of those massive barbeques?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 38

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Yes, wrap the salmon in foil and it takes no longer than 10 to 15 mins to cook. 
I have a combi bbq. Half gas and half coal. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 38

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25189 Posts
  • 815 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 for a very interesting thread.

I love coleslaw but have never tried adding peppers, fresh mint, chopped nuts and peach chunks - all of which I also love. Going to add these to my shopping list and give this a try over the weekend. 😋

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 38

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I hope the weather is good enough over the weekend, this year's summer didn't allow for many BBQs!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 38

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4424 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

These look great @MI5 👍 and certainly better than the usual burnt offerings I'm used to.  I especially fancy the Texas/Cowboy Caviar and the salmon dish also looks delicious.  Can't fault any of them actually and just a pity it's raining here otherwise I'd be firing up the barbi.  Problem is, it would more than likely end up being the burnt offerings again. 🌭 Thanks for posting 🍻

Message 7 of 38

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Have you all ever tried the German Bratwurst that is available for example at big Tesco shops @MI5 @BobM @Mi-Amigo @Cleoriff ? I know it's the German in me coming out for that, but they are a fool-proof dish, even my partner can't burn them enough for them to taste horrible! 😅

signature

Message 8 of 38

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Cor ~ Proper food @MI5 

Love the prawn and shrimp 

Salmon Chilli and Lime is fabulous:

I don't have a barbi but could cook this in the oven ~ gorgeous.

Thank you for the very interesting recipes posted on the new "today" updated Community Forum too !  😄

This is good food very tasty, light and delicious too.  Not heavy chunks of meat.

Fruit mixed in with the meal is a great choice .  Love it ~ thank you

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 38

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Often have bratwurst with sauerkraut when in the German office but not tried cooking my own at home. 

Currently using:
Message 10 of 38