Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Katya has put a tweet out claimiing she wasn't drunk! (In respect to her falling twice) She said the fall upstairs was 'deliberate'. Mmmmm, I reserve judgement.

Didn't look deliberate to me ... it looked like she fell over upon reaching the balcony where the rest of the dancers were

Message 101 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Wasn't impressed with Harry Connick Jr....nor the backing band. Shame really.

Anyway 1st couple in the dance off... Anneka and Kevin. Good job!

2nd couple David and Nadiya.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 102 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

David improved in the dance off. Anneka if anything, was worse than last night

Anneka and Kevin eliminated....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 103 of 252

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 104 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

"Judges, who are you saving and why?"

"David & Nadiya because Aneka was utter *rap"

Good, more Nadiya thumbsup 

Missed Harry Connick Jr till he'd just about finished as I was watching the athletics but thanks @Cleoriff I may just give it a miss but then again, Nadiya looked rather nice so may need to review his performance in er, context. 

Message 105 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@sheepdog 

The musical 'arrangement' didn't help Harry, although his singing wasn't up to his usual standard

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 106 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

lt was Anton's SCD weekend

Playing Austin Powers up to the hilt

That beautiful ballroom dancing with Nadiya to Harry Connick Jnr's Anything Goes

The joke about Anton's teeth being false from Craig

David and Nadiya should not have been in the dance off ... however it did give me another look at her dress = it was sheer dark green chiffon embroidered with briar roses and enhanced with dark green sequins and lined in white - princess style it's known as and flares out beautifully when dancing

It should have been Mike and Katya in the dance off

Credit to Anneka she smiled throughout ... is going to dance at her son's wedding next year ... considering she could not clap her hands in time at the beginning - but right to be eliminated

Message 107 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I think it will be between David and Mike next week.

I love Kelvin and Oti. I think he is to be commended as he was a last minute substitute for Jamie who hurt his ankle in the opening show. Kelvin only had 2 weeks to practice.

However it's early days but the couple I'm rooting for are Catherine and Johannes.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 108 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to see Mike be eliminated

David has more to give

Maybe Mike has a big fan base ?

Agree @Cleoriff what you say about Kelvin & Oti Dance

Catherine and Johannes seem natural dancers ... they make it look so easy Dance

Message 109 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous In Batman terms, Nadiya's dress was more of a tribute to "Poison ivy". One of my favourite Batman villans but best watched in 90's animated series than the Uma Thurman one. 

@Cleoriff saw Harry Connick Jr on iplayer and you were right, what were they thinking in that arrangment! Another forgettable performance from the results show. On the plus side, Anton & Nadiya were the stars in that segment. 

Next week, we have Keith Urban a country singer with surprise surprise, a recent hit album. Must be a first to have a country artist on so this should be interesting. Well I have a low opinion of country music in general so he can't be any worse than Lewis Capaldi can he?

Sheepdog in "Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo" mode

Message 110 of 252