Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's that time of year again....Some love it and others hate it.... Dance

However, BBC have announced the first 'celebrity' to join the line up for Strictly Come Dancing 2017.

It's Mollie King from the girl band The Saturdays (Frankie Bridge from the same group appeared in 2014)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/6525d4c5-3e53-4546-b336-45ebae3cf879?ns_mchan...

Mollie King....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 738
737 REPLIES 737

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Marinka's final blog. Made for interesting reading. As a fan of Gemma, I very much liked this comment

"Yet Joe's wasn’t the revelatory performance of the final. Gemma Atkinson went in the clear underdog, and perhaps it was this lack of expectation that freed her to nail three numbers, including a startling sex kitten burlesque showdance (/audition for that there Chicago revival). In fact, hers was the showdance I enjoyed most".

https://www.dancing-times.co.uk/strictly-speaking-final-2/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 731 of 738

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoroughly enjoyed Saturdays SCD final ... couldn't pick a winner ... but ... all my 6 votes to Gemma & Aljaz 

Gemma had no dance training prior to SCD ... whereas the other finalists had

Aljaz's fantastic choreography ... & ... their superb dancing partnership ... Fantastic

I enjoyed Gemma's showdance the best ... innovative

Unhappy to hear about the phone voting lines being engaged for Gemma & Aljaz

Really enjoyed the group dance ... Dance

Good article @Cleoriff by Marinka from Dancing Times

Looking forward to the Christmas SCD show ... & ... Dancing On Ice in the New Year

Sorry, I should have posted on Saturday night, but have not been quite up to it, all's well now slight_smile

Message 732 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is a bit of a shock. Brendan Cole is leaving Strictly!!.

Apparently his contract has not been renewed by the BBC. He has been on the show from the start and is very upset about the decision.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/30/brendan-cole-leaves-strictly-come-dancing-14-years-bbc-fa...

Brendan Cole is leaving the show

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 733 of 738

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
He's not the only one upset. I knew the Ballas didn't like him but to get him sacked, which is what it amounts to, is a step too far. I'll really miss him and the show won't be the same without him.

Shame on the BBC ☹
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 734 of 738

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocking decision by BBC ... Brendan is my fave male professional dancer on SCD ... will miss him a lot slight_frown

Message 735 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Shocking decision by BBC ... Brendan is my fave male professional dancer on SCD ... will miss him a lot slight_frown

Brendan was on Lorraine earlier today and was visibly upset. It was also an ITV news section tonight (note ITV and not BBC). They showed a clip of Brendan again and also spoke with Len Goodman who was shocked. He said 'I know Brendan can be gobby but he is very protective of his partners. He is also a brilliant dancer'.

So Len thought it was a bad decision. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 736 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

PS, BBC seem to get rid of the 'bad boys' ...James Jordan was another excellent dancer who felt he could voice his opinions when the judges gave him poor marks,  Two years ago, the BBC sacked him as well.

It seems they want new blood and folk who wont challenge the judges. The show will become very bland I think...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 737 of 738

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
The judges should be challenged on occasion and I liked both James Jordan and Brendan because they stood up for their celebrity partners, quite apart from being brilliant dancers.

Yes the show will become bland if the BBC only employ 'yes' men and women as dancers.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 738 of 738