Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly 2021

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So Strictly come Dancing is back this autumn with a new old judge (Anton du Beke), a new old presenter for It takes Two (Jenette Manrara), four new pro's who won't be involved and obviously even less money than ever before!

First three of the bottom of the barrel scrapings are:

Tom Fletcher - ex boyband member now writing children's books

Robert Webb - slightly creepy comedian looking for work

AJ Odudu - obligatory "Who's that, never heard of her"

Also there are 15 people defined as celebs this year. I'm half expecting Kathryn Ryan to be involved as she seems to be on every other program for no reason. Also no Blackpool week either. 

Sadly, looks like were stuck with the un-dynamic duo of Daly & Winkleman.

Message 1 of 150
149 REPLIES 149

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog Are you a dancer?

Message 11 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous You could say that I've blinded many people with my dance moves 🕺 Usually in the dark 🤣

Message 12 of 150

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dancing always seems like a complete waste of energy to me, I do know strictly is a popular program though.

Isn't there a BBC program about sewing as well now? I suppose it's handy to watch if you got holes in your socks.

Message 13 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Ah the great British Sewing Bee. Popular with a certain demographic but not me though I do find it interesting how they make the clothes and techniques used. 

Message 14 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Dancing always seems like a complete waste of energy to me, I do know strictly is a popular program though.

Isn't there a BBC program about sewing as well now? I suppose it's handy to watch if you got holes in your socks.

roflThat's the Great Sewing Bee @Anonymous .

A few years ago Strictly come Dancing was a very popular thread with loads posting. However people come and go and now it just seems to be @sheepdog and myself. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Today's reveal of participants are the standard BBC Breakfast host, this year being Dan Walker and the default ITV soap star, Katie McGlynn 🦉

So one name there in Dan Walker I know of but fanbase votes inbound for the other. 

Still waiting for the announcement of Katherine Ryan....and next announcements are bound to be a sports person or two.  Though given the facts that Lionel Messi has just left Barcelona and PSG haven't confirmed he's signed up for them, Strictly may be the dark horse and have an unexpected unveiling! It's too coincidental that Harry Kane has missed training sessions at Spurs that we can't rule him out either 🤣

Also look out for the even more obscure social media influencer with more viewers than BBC Breakfast to be announced in the next few days. 

Message 16 of 150

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I know Dan Walker but Katie McGlynn who played Sinead actually 'died' in Corrie 18 months ago. Not been in anything else.

AS for Lionel Messi...that must have been why he was sobbing when he announced he was leaving Barcelona. rofl PS just heard on the news he has signed for PSG.

Well am underwhelmed so far...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff Prepare to be completely astounded by todays choice of nepotism! First up, husband of extinction rebellion airmiles collector Emma Thomson, is the anonymous highly regarded in certain circles: Greg Wise. Demented Owl rating of 9 out of 10 🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉

Next up is daughter Gordon Ramsey and yes, the first social influencer of the series: Tilly Ramsey

Demented Owl rating of 11 out of 10 🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉

Apparent bonus is that she's been on CBBC already so going to be good friends with um, er, the other one from CBBC. That and been on This Morning but as if I watch that. 

Sadly no Lionel Messi as he's opted to sign for PSG now, but lets see if the BBC will get one of the recent Olympic medallists in the next 5 announcements. My hopes are inevitably going to be dashed. 

Message 18 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well I'm so excited I could spit! Is this the worst line up ever? I think so!!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 150

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions