cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam Games

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am getting round to loading steam onto my new toy and I now face days of downloading is there any quicker way to get my library games on. I add that we live in a village at the end of a long bt line that is very slow if i get speeds of 3 I am lucky plus the kids are streaming stuff most of the day too.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Can you not just connect to  a PC and copy and paste? Other than that I've no idea tbh.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know I think its on the steam server i suspect some I have never even downloaded as they were humble bundle games that I took when offered, though I did make sure to add them to my steam library, I am not really a gamer to be honest but the batman ones look fun
Message 3 of 10

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Leave it on overnight and boot the kids off! Or if you want to be cruel and your router supports it, restrict certain websites and prioritise traffic 😉 Though in fairness, Steam is quite sensible about downloads so it will pick up again next time you start up the Steam program and work away in the background. Think bittorrent in the way it does things so it will adjust accordingly.

BTW, I think if the games are there on your old PC in the steam directory if you have downloaded already so you could drag and drop them re-linking them. I recall doing it when changing drives on my pc (not exactly easy but do-able) but google it and guaranteed someone will have done it already.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks sheepdog I think just letting it chug away in the background will be the best way I've got so much stuff to move over and not all of it will be compatible so it's going to be a long and messy job
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
still downloading the first game
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
update one game loaded now a 10G game chugging away, whyare these games soon huge
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I so disappointed only 4 games I have work on the Mac though seemingly I can dual boot it. I've got a phone and tablet to root and put a custom rom on to remove all the bloat and now this plus doing something so I can put windows 10 on a virtual system to make sure it won't kill the paye. I hardly have a clue where to start even 😢
Message 10 of 10