Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE

To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.

Hints/clues:

- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.

- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics

- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included

- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]

- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]

- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]

Rules:

- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player

- all entries must be submitted as follows:

[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]

- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day

- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post

- some lyrics  contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post

- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded

- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included

no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions

There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.

Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts

Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have run out of time to edit my post. ( I noticed a spelling mistake) Dammit rolling_eyes

Duchess of Kircaldy in the song Cry Baby Cry

No problem @Cleoriff - post was to correct spelling, not a new name, and before midnight.

So your corrected answer will be accepted slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 141 of 374

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Dave in the song When I'm 64

We've already got Dave from "When I'm 64", @Bambino  #justsayin' wink

20**Personal info** 13_04_53-Song Lyrics Challenge - Page 3 - O2 Community.png

(Looks like it was dropped from the last update, @Mi-Amigo - the cracks are beginning to show rofl)

Message 142 of 374

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24004 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@pgn  It wasn't included in @Mi-Amigo's last update, which is what I based my pick on: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Song-Lyrics-Challenge/td-p/1205028/page/14

@Mi-Amigo I am obviously in error, so we need an adjudication. Do I get another pick, or is it just counted as incorrect?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 143 of 374

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@pgn  It wasn't included in @Mi-Amigo's last update, which is what I based my pick on: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Song-Lyrics-Challenge/td-p/1205028/page/14

@Mi-Amigo I am obviously in error, so we need an adjudication. Do I get another pick, or is it just counted as incorrect?

Not wishing to speak out of turn ( LOL ), I'd say bung another one in, @Bambino - let @Mi-Amigo  get to grips with the updates at a later date... expressionless

devil

Message 144 of 374

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I agree @Bambino 

Just put another one in. Too late to edit original so allowed another choice. (In my opinion ) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 145 of 374

jonsie
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Of to TNS for @Mi-Amigo for not including it in the ever-growing summary, said Alice..... 😂 

Message 146 of 374

MI5
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

Image result for off with your head

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 147 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Of to TNS for @Mi-Amigo for not including it in the ever-growing summary, said Alice..... 😂 

LOLLOL

What a shame...the list gets bigger and bigger.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 148 of 374

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24004 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Thank you @pgn@Cleoriff, and @jonsie but I will wait for @Mi-Amigo to decide. It's his quiz, and his rules.Hero

More info

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 149 of 374

jonsie
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions