cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour on the iPhone 5s & cheaper model.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I know this has subject has been broached upon but it still gets my taste buds tingling. 

This is from iclarified.  

Link ; http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=27926

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has issued a new report that claims Apple will unveil a new iPhone 5S, a lower cost iPhone, and iOS 7 in June with devices set for release in July. Additionally, TDD versions are expected in September for China Mobile.

"We expect Apple will introduce its new iPhones and iOS7 in June, and start shipping the new iPhones (5S and low-cost model) in the FDD version in July. Both dates are earlier than last year’s roadmap. We attribute this to: 
(1) an effort to avoid repeating the fatal mistake of last year of the delayed iPhone 5 launch, which gave competitors room to grab market share; and
(2) the new iPhones this year are mainly designed on the basis of the current iPhone 5, which suggests development time could be reduced."

"[W]e expect the product differentiation between iPhone 5S and iPhone 5 will be: 
(1) computing power, with iPhone 5S to run on the faster A7 application processor; 
(2) the camera, with iPhone 5S being equipped with Smart Flash, ensuring photo quality using white or yellow flash according to lighting conditions; 
(3) iPhone 5S will have a fingerprint chip under the Home button, improving security and usability; and 
(4) the low-cost iPhone 5 hybrid casing of fiberglass and plastic will make it lighter and slimmer than general plastic casing and easier to make in various colors. However, we still think it will be heavier than iPhone 5S, which will have an aluminum casing. Thus, even form factor will be an area of differentiation."

Check out a chart of expected specifications below...

[via MacRumors]

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A plastic iPhone..!!!! I can hear it all kicking off now slight_smile

I do like the fingerprint reader idea though - Use it on my laptop, so hardly groundbreaking tech, but nice to see it incorporated in a phone;)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I do like the fingerprint reader idea though - Use it on my laptop, so hardly groundbreaking tech, but nice to see it incorporated in a phone;)

Plastic iPhone? Got to be a cheap Chinese knock off

Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing plastic in my cheapo knock off mate - full metal chassis wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I'll have you know plastic & fibreglass young man !!

tongue

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

tongue

Can't help but think of a Reliant Robin wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

tongue

Can't help but think of a Reliant Robin wink

Or even an android based phone !!

tongue

Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ouch !!

but you may be confusing fibreglass with carbon fibre wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Ouch !!

but you may be confusing fibreglass with carbon fibre wink

Carbon paper android phonesSmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Carbon paper android phonesSmiley Very Happy

Depends on whether you want to drive over it or use it as a phone of course! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 19