Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumours

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I was mucking about the Internet looking for some news and general mobile stuff.

One rumour is that Samsung Semiconductors are creating near 1-inch type sensors for mobile. Coming in at at 432 megapixels.  So let's just say they are going to better with a whole bunch of marketing thrown in. The hw1 and hw2 will give you around a crop factor of 2.5.  Meaning imaging will/should be almost comparable to a good compact camera. As these will be pixel binned to 4, 9 or 16 the real resolution will be probably be less. Still a step in the right direction although colour accuracy still needs to improve or at least go beyond sRGB standards.

Xiaomi and Vivo are going to be implementing satellite communication within their flagship devices. 

The 14 ultra global from xiaomi should come out this year and hopefully I can get one.

I don't have any rumours about the iPhone 16 however as you know these get released nearer the time.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@anticpated 

Not being a fan of iPhone, I don't think anything much will change. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yep maybe they will add a software feature that will break the Internet. Samsung should stick with a smaller amount of pixels though. 432 mp  photodiodes is ridiculous.  Even a world class Phase One camera is 150 megapixels which is using much bigger pixels though.

Of course my real wish is a new Sony pro-i 2.

Hope all is well with you cleoriff. 

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I'm plodding on @anticpated 😂

It's good to hear from you xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

samstander
Level 1: Joiner
  • 32 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you are that into taking good photos, just get a 1 inch sensor camera. Plenty around like the rx100 by sony. 

Message 5 of 6

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

That sensor is basically not far from an Aps-c. Much rather buy one with that or better if I bought a camera.

Message 6 of 6