Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right antivirus reccomendations?

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Since avg seems to have dropped the ball on me(probaly my fault as well) I have been infected with a beautiful bit of malware that's downloading new viruses to its hearts content:( currently running a bootable malwarebytes disk in the hope it catches it(fingers crossed).

Thankfully my backups stay true to their word and are in perfect working order (phew!!).

Unfortunatly I've now lost a days work:(

Anyone got any good reccomendations? For a free firewall/antivirus? If need be ill pay but I've spent enough this month haha.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Malwarebytes should catch it, why not use Microsoft Security Essentials to save time and money?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've always been under the impression Microsoft security were not to be trusted? (Probaly living in the past).

I sincerely hope it does avg only saw the viruses yet didnt detect the malware:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92915 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials alongside Comodo firewall and they seem to catch everything. Always run MalwareBytes once a week and it's always clean.

Message 4 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
MSE on the kids laptops and I've got Symantec End Point on my laptop - All clean, so far *touch wood*
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Well so far not so good:( 500,000+ objects scanned and no questionable files marked:(.

Ill set mse up once I get it running again(clean sweap maybe)

Cheers:)
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like norton myself

Message 7 of 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
1 million file down and only issue its flagged is my not so legit copy of dreamweaver:(

I've never got on with norton 😞
Message 8 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Avast free. Rated #1 by CNET.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable