Did you mean: 

R.I.P George Michael

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

George Michael has died today age 53.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&...

George Michael

I don't damn well believe this. Was just watching him doing the Band Aid single today

R.I.P. George heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

RIP George Michael. What a dreadful year this has been.:smileysad:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just can't get my head round it @Bambino "Died peacefully at 53"?

No-one dies peacefully at that age unless they were seriously ill...and I hadn't heard a thing.

Gutted really gutted. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know George did many beautiful songs. However, his stand out performance for me was when he performed this with Queen at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I woke up to this shocking news, seems like 2016 hasn't done with us yet...:smileysad:

RIP George.

Message 5 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On the news today that George died of heart failure. Only one question relating to that...heart failure caused by what?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well we all know his history and the problem he has had with substance abuse so I expect there is more to this than dying peacefully but maybe we have to wait for the postmortem... 

Message 7 of 23

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6979 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Sad news liked his music
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 8 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I loved his music but I'm of a generation where you liked someone or disliked based on personality. Wham days were good and seemingly a likeable young man but as he and his persona matured (and his music in my opinion , suffered) I found myself disliking him. But that's just me I'm afraid. I would never put him in the class of superstar, maybe at one time yes, but over the last 10 years sadly not. I liken him to Boy George in the way that they lived on past glories and prison sentences were inevitable for their lifestyle. Badly lost their way I'm afraid.

Compare that to the real Superstars such as Bowie, Leonard Cohen, Prince, Rick Parfitt and others we have lost this year. All lived life to the full during their distinguished careers and all likeable, talented but lost this year 2016.

However, you found yourself willing George to recover and get back to his roots and his undoubted talent. Still taken far too young and though I was sad to see his demise, I was always hopeful that he could get his career back on track. Sadly we can now only wonder what could have been. RIP.

I hope this year is now done and dusted but 5 days to go and fingers crossed we lose no one else. BUT...the real superstars are all aging just as we do so I'm expecting the worst....

sad crying smiley face emoticon

Message 9 of 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
OMG I can't believe it. George Michael dead. I loved him and his music. And at 53 years old what a waste. So young and so talented. He will be sadly missed. Another music icon gone. RIP George.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 23