Did you mean: 

Positive thinking thread

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

This might be a bit fluffy, but I'll post anyway. Lots of sad/scary news stories and situations out there nowadays... I think it would be nice to have a positive thinking thread. A few days ago apparently it was a "Positive Thinking Day", so I thought why not share some good/happy/lucky/funny stuff that has happened to us (or that we know of) lately, in a thread. slight_smile

Please share: what was the latest positive thing that you learned of or that happened to you? (even small things count!)

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
You could always watch an episode of DIY SOS. Although I would keep some tissues handy...

Stuff that makes me happy:
getting woke up by my little girl wanting a cuddle and/or a kiss;
being sat on the sofa snuggled up with my little girl and my wife watching a film and eating popcorn;
getting an answer marked as a solution on the o2 Community...

I watch DIY SOS. Love it .....not watched this weeks though. Recorded to view when I have time..

I also love to watch Wildlife conservation programmes. Though my feelings range from anger when I see what we are doing to destroy wildlife and their habitat .....to absolute joy watching the efforts made by dedicated people who work tirelessly to return them to the wild

Oh and absolutely love the innovative surgery of Noel Fitzpatrick the Supervet...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 37

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12138 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
don't watch too many wildlife programmes. Not many live up to the standard set by the David Attenborough ones!!
But completely with you about Noel.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I agree David Attenborough is in a class of his own but there are some other damn good ones about. Big Cat Diary and Big Elephant Diary are superb programmes (Though with cost cutting at the Beeb we may have lost those) Some excellent wildlife shows are also on Eden and Nat Geo Wild channels ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 37

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12138 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
Don't really watch the satellite nature channels.
Might have to see what they show...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 24 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Don't really watch the satellite nature channels.
Might have to see what they show...

You do have to sort out the 'wheat from the chaff' as the saying goes. There are some good ones to be found if you have the time though

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an old advert but it still makes me smile  wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQhZ5ZPcHos

Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

the sun is shining brightly, it's warm slight_smile

Autumn equinox yesterday, soon the beautiful colours of the season will naturally appear

amongst several wide berth long boats on the canal there is one painted pink

Cat

Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Jane probably means 'having a strop' @Marjo (in a bad mood)... Or it could mean Marty is scratching the settee...?Cat

Yes Cleoriff ... Marty scratching the settee / carpet down to the floorboards in the odd place ... I did buy him a heavy duty scratching post with a pom pom on a string dangling from the top ... = ... an unused ornament, it went to the local cats' rescue centre where I got Marty from ... Marty gives me sooo much positiveness I forgive him his 'misdemeanours' ... Cleoriff, in my household wink I'm the one who throws a strop (in a bad mood) LOL the cat just looks on Smiley Indifferent ... Marty is 100% positive, I go to him for a snuggle ... great about Bugsy Cleoriff, a cat's purr & only settling in your lap Cat Very Happy :womanvery-happy:

Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

the sky's been blue slight_smile most of the day 

& I've found a book I didn't know I had = Romeo, the story of a black wolf Bouncy

Message 29 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

the sky's been blue slight_smile most of the day 

& I've found a book I didn't know I had = Romeo, the story of a black wolf Bouncy

The sky has been blue here Jane....but not that warm. Oh and as for books...I have about 20 I can't seem to find the time to read....Though thinking positively....I go to Spain on the 15th....loads of time to read books and bask in the sun......just chilling...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 37